DCS Direct Care Worker
Company: Support Solutions
Posted on: May 16, 2022
GET PAID WEEKLY!!! $12.50 starting pay July 3!$300 Sign-on bonus
after successful completion of 90 days of service for FT and PT (24
hours per week) $300 Referral Bonus for employee referred hires who
successfully complete 90 days of service and hired FT or PT (not
PRN)The Direct Care Worker position involves providing support to
children/youth through the DCS program as they develop/ maintain
skills that enhance the quality of their lives in the
- Supports the child/youth with personal care and daily routines,
and in achieving outcomes from the Plan(s) of Care
- Understands and practices Support Solutions' philosophy and
values in interactions with the child/youth and community members
by using respectful language, connecting them to preferred
activities and experiences, and ensuring that they have on-going
information from which to make choices.
- Helps the child/youth become integrated with the community by
ensuring that he/she is included, respected, valued, and has a
variety of preferred relationships in the community of their
choice, while ensuring their Plans of Care and safety is
- Assures safe transport and accompanies the child/youth as
needed to events, school, and medical appointments utilizing
Support Solutions' (SS) vehicles, personal vehicles, or public
transportation. This would include securing alternate
transportation in instances where unpaid support transports a
child/youth who presents a safety concern.
- Ensures proper use of the child/youth and agency resources
including but not limited to personal funds, vehicles, buildings,
utilities, telephones, money, equipment, food, and supplies.
- Attends all training meetings assigned by Support Solutions or
- Cooks and provides meals based on scheduled menus, ensuring
nutritional needs are met.
- Performs daily activities or teaches the child/youth to do so,
such as activities of daily living skills and other personal skills
that work toward achieving independence.
- Consistently works and documents improvement toward meeting
- Utilizes electronic records system including completing daily
shift notes as required by funding entities.
- Encourages customer satisfaction through regular contact with
child/youth, families, DCS, and external stakeholders.
- Oversees storage and administration of medications based on
requirements and Medication Administration standards/SS/DCS
- Ensures child/youth is neat and clean with as much assistance
from them as possible.
- Keeps house clean and does laundry with as much assistance from
the child/youth as possible.
- Ensures vehicles used for transportation needs is clean and is
- Ensures child/youth is able to participate in their
religion/faith of choice.
- Protects confidentiality of child/youth
- Participates in CFTM/IEP meetings, as needed.
- Provide thoughtful decision-making support for the child/youth
to ensure their health, safety, and best interest while encouraging
the child/youth's emotional and developmental growth.Benefits:
- WEEKLY PAY
- Bonuses: $300 referral bonus and $300 sign-on bonus
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Competitive Wages
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- 401K Program
- Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Must be 18 years of age and able to read and write effectively.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Must have a valid driver's
license and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable
driving record throughout employment with SS. Must meet state and
local requirements regarding criminal background check, sexual
offender check, abuse registry, drug screening, and felony offender
listing. Must meet all training requirements and keep training
current. Must be able to perform heavy lifting in the assistance of
service recipients with personal care, if applicable. Must have
some computer knowledge.Support Solutions is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer that is committed to diversity. Support
Solutions does not discriminate in employment opportunities,
decisions, or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, age, mental or
physical handicap or disability, citizenship, gender identity,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Support Solutions will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities; unless doing so would result
in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of
employment, including hiring, job assignment, promotion,
compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and
Keywords: Support Solutions, Clarksville , DCS Direct Care Worker, Other , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!