Are you interested in being part of a team that is dedicated in
serving the people and business owners across the Commonwealth in
helping educate and bring them into compliance with Kentucky state
tax laws? If so, this is your opportunity to work for the Kentucky
Department of Revenue.
The Office of Field Operations, in the Hopkinsville Taxpayer
Service Center has an opening for a Revenue Field Auditor position.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to provide clear
communication skills with taxpayers and their representative(s)
over the phone and in person to resolve tax matters.
As Revenue Field Auditor for the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you
will receive the direction and the training needed to successfully
audit tax returns to determine the accuracy of the return filed,
payments made, and the extent of liabilities due (if any).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Educating and advising taxpayers of their tax
liabilities/responsibilities, filing deadlines, tax payment
obligations, and department policies and procedures.
- Carefully reviewing tax returns as directed.
- Collecting data, information, and documentation from
- Carefully monitoring deadlines.
- Continuously updating notes, histories, and taxpayer
information in agency computer systems and audit work papers.
- Recording notes proficiently and accurately into agency
computers systems during telephone conversations.
- Conducting meetings and other conferences with taxpayers and
- Utilizing Microsoft Excel at a basic level and learning more
- Ensuring the safety and confidentiality of taxpayer
information, data, and records.
- Remaining up-to-date on tax laws, policies, and regulations by
regularly attending in-house and outside seminars, training
sessions, and educational opportunities.
The successful candidate should possess clear communication
skills to work with customers in person or over the telephone and
in writing, occasionally in confrontational situations.
Additional / Supplemental information:
- Should successfully complete a background investigation
including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint
- Should comply with all tax laws
- Mostly at a desk using a computer and telephone
- Some travel for training and education
- We offer opportunities for Flexible work schedules
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's
degree that includes twenty semester hours or thirty quarter hours
in pure accounting courses.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: Certification as a
Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) will substitute for the
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.):
Duties are generally performed in an office setting. Requires
overnight travel both in and out of state.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of
12 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact
Chrystal Renfrow at Chrystal.Renfrow@Ky.Gov or 270-889-6521.