Contact Center Service Agent
Company: Fortera Federal Credit Union
Posted on: December 2, 2019
Contact Center Service Agent
The Contact Center Service Agent position is responsible for
providing exceptional service experiences to our members and
potential members. This position delivers personalized banking
services through the various forms of remote delivery channels
including phone, email, chat and secure message. The Contact Center
Service Agent serves members through a combination of needs
fulfillment, problem resolution, effective communication and member
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Assists members with account inquiries, and transactions via
all remote delivery channels; phone, email, chat and secure
- Performs a variety of services for members including, but not
limited to: processing funds transfers, troubleshooting and
resolving online banking and debit card issues, stop payments,
check orders, ordering debit cards, accepting phone payments,
changing payroll deductions, military allotments and direct
deposits, processing wire transfers, completing research and
preparing fraud and/or dispute documentation.
- Troubleshoot and provide long-term problem resolution solutions
- Identifies and evaluates the needs of members and potential
members and educates them on the appropriate product and/or
- Evaluates member's needs with the purpose of proactively
educating members on appropriate financial products and
- Educates and promotes the use of different remote services for
- Addresses all member concerns tactfully and effectively while
identifying and presenting ways to resolve difficult
- Processes verification of deposits and verification of accounts
for other financial purposes, after insuring proper member
authorization to release information is obtained.
- Uses time management skills to maximize the number of members
that can be assisted while maintaining a high level of member
- Upholds credit union policies and procedures
- Quotes loan payoffs based on the established Consumer Loan
- Conducts follow-up contact as needed to ensure resolution and
- Creates memorable and positive experiences with every member
interaction by consistently going above and beyond our member's
- Proficient in preparing written communications.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and
complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the
position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Attends and participates in all meetings, trainings, and
committees as required.
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness
of the Credit Union in the community.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure and
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty exceptionally.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule that includes all
hours of Contact Center operation including weekends.
- Must have or be able to quickly develop working knowledge of
credit union's products and services, Practices and Guidelines,
- Procedures and state and federal regulations.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
Required SkillsRequired Skills/Abilities:
Excellent organizational, administrative, and attention-to-detail
Excellent problem solving skills. This position requires an
outgoing, solutions-oriented personality.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral &
Proficient in the use of a PC, related software applications,
standard office equipment and telephone queue system.
Professional dress, appearance, and attitude
Must have the ability to work independently, as a team, and handle
multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Able to meet deadlines and maintain an effective and efficient
Must be able to work-well under pressure while always promoting a
professional image of the Credit Union
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as
typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important
instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary
Average visual abilities:
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect
documents or products, or operate machinery.
Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of
force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a
Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding,
subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two digit numbers; the four
basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units
such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound (or their metric
Language ability: Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000
words; read at a slow rate; and define unfamiliar words in
dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and
using adjectives and adverbs.
Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word
order with present and past tense and good vocabulary.Required
High School diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of financial services industry and/or call center
Experience with Symitar, Adapt Phone System applications.
One or more years' experience in Customer Service.
Six months experience in a financial institution preferred.Job
Keywords: Fortera Federal Credit Union, Clarksville , Contact Center Service Agent, Sales , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!