Senior Maintenance Mechanic
Company: US Smokeless Tob Co LLC
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Are you highly qualified in mechanical maintenance and repairs,
looking to drive quality and safety at a leading consumer packaged
goods company? Do you have a High School diploma or a GED along
with 3+ years of experience? If so, then we have an opportunity for
you. We are currently looking for a Senior Maintenance Mechanic to
join our Maintenance department with US Smokeless Tobacco in
Clarksville, TN. Your primary role will be to support Production
Operations, Quality, Safety and CC&S. You will be responsible
for maintaining operation and repairs of mechanical plant
equipment, facilities and grounds across all shifts and
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
* You ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic
tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
* You will diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and
components (mechanical and electrical), using test equipment and
hand tools to determine root cause of a breakdown and to correct
* You'll utilize performance data to trend and identify continuous
improvement opportunities in a manufacturing environment.
* You are proficient in using welding, hydraulics, chains, belting,
pneumatics, HVAC, PLC I/O devices and circuitry. You will use these
skills to repair and maintain production equipment.
* You are able to read and interpret electrical schematics and
mechanical drawings. You can follow diagrams, sketches, operations
manuals, manufacturer s instructions, and engineering
* You can troubleshoot older machinery when no schematics are
* You utilize a computer database to document all relevant
maintenance work performed. (Work orders, requisition forms, PM
* You will maintain an organized work area to ensure tools, parts,
and materials are stored in a neat and orderly manner to enhance
efficiency. You will also maintain housekeeping expectations.
* You foster an environment that promotes a culture of safety,
quality, CC&S, and regulatory compliance guided by procedures,
rules, and regulations.
* You will cultivate a team environment by participating in team
meetings, documenting actions, and communicating opportunities and
WHAT DOES YOUR BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE LOOK LIKE?
* You possess a High School Diploma or GED. You have 3+ years
mechanical experience with specific mechanical training and or
* You are expected to pursue continuing education classes during
your working life to keep up with changes in the industry.
* You can work independently, follow written and verbal
instructions, and work cooperatively with other personnel.
* You demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of strong team
processes, engagement skills with strong verbal and written
* Intermediate computer skills to include Microsoft Office
* We prefer mechanical experience in a regulated environment.
* You are skilled in troubleshooting and problem solving.
* You are willing to work in a manufacturing setting across
* You can handle multiple priorities often with short deadlines and
in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability work at heights and close quarters, crawl under and over
equipment, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity,
protected veteran status, or other protected class.
Keywords: US Smokeless Tob Co LLC, Clarksville , Senior Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!