Electrical Design Engineer I
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: May 16, 2022
At Trane Technologies and through our businesses including Trane
- and Thermo King - , we create innovative climate solutions for
buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible
for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the
world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a
better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive
at work and at home. We boldly go.
This Role is designated as HYBRID
This Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for electrical
system designs for Trane HVAC Commercial products. Responsibilities
include Main Unit Control Panel and Auxiliary Control Panel design
and layout as well as selection & qualification of electrical and
electro-mechanical power components, electrical wiring,
transformers, circuit breakers, contactors, overloads, variable
frequency drives, solid state starters, and wye-delta starters.
This position will generate unit electrical designs, control panel
prototypes, test documentation and reports along with product
documentation necessary to release unit designs to production.
Further equipment responsibilities also include integrating the
following types of pre-engineered devices into the unit design: low
voltage sensors, wireless and wired interconnection devices, and
Trane developed HVAC control electronics. The selected candidate
must have the technical expertise to develop and lead product
design projects, supervise product validation testing, drive to
root cause for quality and reliability issues, interpret technical
agency standards, and conduct projects in accordance with standard
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Become familiar with Trane Commercial Chillers, Rooftops and
Air Handler products.
- Develop control box layout designs, wire harness routing and
transformer load calculations.
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test data.
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers, lab technicians
and other team members.
- Administer appropriate agency and regulatory approval
- Develop and/or update Trane electrical purchased part
engineering drawings and standards.
- Define, identify and complete appropriate qualification testing
- Prepare complete schedules and reports for assigned
- Achieve scheduled milestones for assigned projects.
- Coordinate the activities of other engineers or technicians
assigned to the project.
- Provide engineering support to the Product Planning and
Technical Support Team.
- Support the Order Fulfillment teams as needed to address
safety, assembly and quality issues.
- Identify electrical quality and productivity improvement
- Execute a wide variety of electrical or quality and
productivity improvement projects.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical
Engineering Technology and at least 1 year of product design
experience is required. Key Competencies:
- Strong interest in HVAC applications and operating conditions
for refrigeration equipment.
- Competency in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Project, and
- Ability to lead a team or work as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem solving
- Must be tenacious with quality and customer service
- Knowledge of appropriate product safety and design standards;
including but not limited to UL/CSA 1995, UL508, UL508A, National
Electric Code, ANSI Z21.47, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.
- Basic experience with 3D-CAD applications such as ProE and Creo
is a plus but is not required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Six Sigma trained or certified a
plus but is not required. We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age,
marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Clarksville , Electrical Design Engineer I, Professions , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!