Controls System Technician
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Level: Hourly
Job Type: Hourly Full Time
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate
your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who
are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish
the world. This position is in Cargill's protein and salt business,
where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide
range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores
to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Type: Full TimeShift Available: 2nd Shift
The AE&I Tech is responsible for the execution of automation
solutions in support of projects primarily at the local site and
will work as part of a centrally focused team implementing best
practice standards and guidelines.
Provide troubleshooting expertise in the areas of automation,
electrical and instrumentation in support of the plant.
- Learn CTCM facility functions (both the processes and the
- Continuously gain knowledge and experience in automation,
electrical and instrumentation.
- Investigate, design, write and complete projects that will
improve productivity or process reliability.
- Provide programming and configuration expertise to support
- Management of troubleshooting tools and documentation.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis efforts and solutions.
This role involves physical activity in a food processing
environment, which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion
on a fairly regular basis-involving bending, stooping, squatting,
twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional
lifting of objects weighing more than 50 pounds and frequent
lifting of 10-25 pounds. Walking or standing for extended periods
of time will be required as well as the occasional use of stairs
and/or ladders. The work may also involve other exertions,
conditions or exposures (e.g. heat, cold, dust). This position is
regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery
surfaces, moving mechanical parts and fast paced warm/cool
environments. Personal protective equipment use is required in all
areas of the facility.
45% Execution of automation solutions used for controlling plant
process. Will involve design and configuration of control systems
and oversight of electrical and instrumentation functions related
to projects. Will be required to obtain knowledge of plant
25% Design and Implement control strategies based on current best
practice standards and approved components.
20% Work with fix/support team to identify areas in need of
improvement and reliability. Provide training for completed
10% Training and development courses by HR, vendors and outside
Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of
a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of PLC/HMI/Controls programming languages.
- Ability to update and troubleshoot a range of electrical or
- Ability to read and analyze electrical schematics.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team or individual environment and be
Ability to understand continuous and batch process control
- Possess a working understanding of the production process.
- Ability to configure and program a variety of control systems
including PLC and HMI systems.
- Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, planning and
- Automation, Electrical, and / or Instrumentation experience
with Allen-Bradley and Siemens.
- Design and implementation knowledge of plant digital business
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area
code. Please note that this position does not include relocation
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages
vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will
be asked to provide your vaccination status. Regardless of
vaccination status you will be required to wear masks and follow
Cargill's safety protocols.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Keywords: Cargill, Clarksville , Controls System Technician, Professions , Chapmansboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!