Printing Press Operator
Company: PROAMPAC Careers
Posted on: November 16, 2023
The Press Operator's task is to work in concert with the
printing department ensuring the quality and efficiency of the
print being produced. - -
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily.
- Follows up on all Press Operator 2 & 3 duties, for availability
of all materials and supplies, and sets up on next job as much as
possible, to keep production flow smooth.
- Operates machine in proper manner, maintaining high production
at proper machine speed and a quality product, with a minimum of
- Reads, initials, and dates work order to verify knowledge of
order specifications at the beginning of each order and checks blue
lines or sample bags for colors and correct copy.
- Performs set-up on machine, by mounting cylinders in register,
with proper impression, locating eye marks and freight stamps, and
folding sample bags to order specifications with supervisor
- Monitors continual quality of print while press is in
- Records density readings on all process colors and places
density bars on plates when necessary.
- Monitors lbs. Per ream of lacquer on at least one roll of each
production job running that has lacquer.
- Monitors slide angle, color, and UPC readings on every print
roll, making sure C. I. Lab is double checking. The readings must
be recorded and accurate before running an order.
- Instructs Press Operator 2 & 3 as well as Proof
- Hangs one quality run speed tear sheet off each finished print
roll, checking for print quality.
- Completes all paperwork on job jackets, daily production
reports, hourly check reports, with supervisor initialing and
approving all hourly checks, and reports total scrap to supervisor
at end of shift.
- References equipment manuals, lead man, or supervisor for
- Relieves Assistant Press Operator and Proof Mounter for breaks
and instructs the Press Operator 2 & 3 when to relieve themselves
for breaks, assuming each other's responsibilities.
- Performs daily maintenance on machine.
- Notifies supervisor when maintenance problems arise.
- Effective with following instructions and requests from
supervisor and management.
- Seeks out information on orders and job duties when in
- Communicates well with other operators at any time throughout
their shift specifically at shift change.
- Keeps floor free from obstructions, paper, ink, and other
materials, and keeps general work area clean.
- Makes sure the CI is cleaned daily at end of shift, and chill
rollers are cleaned when necessary.
- Reports to work on time and is dependable.
- Comply with departmental & job safety practices.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by Management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associates degree from an accredited College or trade school
- Two to three years' experience working within the printing
- Must complete Safety Orientation, Departmental Safety Training
and OSHA Standards Training
- Work experience with computers and other business
- This position requires the annual completion of Hazardous Waste
Management training - provided by ProAmpac.
- Must have high attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Completes Safety Orientation, departmental safety Training, and
OSHA standards training
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of
- Flexibility to work on weekends and nights
Keywords: PROAMPAC Careers, Clarksville , Printing Press Operator, Other , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!