Posted on: June 23, 2022
UNIT DESCRIPTION:Must work some nights and weekends. Could work
in any dining venue.Position Summary:The Student Supervisor may
work in any type of food location on client premises. This
individual will work under the direct supervision of on-site
management and will serve as the working lead for student employees
engaged in food operations or services at facilities or locations
in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or
other establishments. The Student Supervisor is primarily located
within the Universities segment. The general responsibilities of
the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify
other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may
differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the
facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of
subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or
functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Assists in orientation and training of student employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to supervision
- Assists with evaluations and retraining of student staff as
- Oversees student uniforms, time cards, work schedules and
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Some previous work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of
staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Must be able to direct scheduled student employees and
- Ability to use a computer.License/Qualifications
- Certifications: ServSafe Certification preferred.Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to
defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits Eligibility: Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time
off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee
assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit
and may not be available to all employees).
Keywords: Sodexo, Clarksville , Student Lead, Other , Murray, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!