Company: Jackson Purchase Medical Center
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Jackson Purchase Medical CenterThe Monitor Technician provides
continuous observation of the telemetry monitor systems as well as
utilizes computerized arrhythmia monitoring. The Monitor Technician
recognizes arrhythmias and informs staff and physicians in a timely
manner. - The Monitor Technician maintains the specific unit by
keeping the environment clean and organized, also answering the
telephone and patient call lights. High intense area of Customer
Service Training with continuing education throughout the year.
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential
information concerning the financial, personal, medical or
employment status of patients/families at JPMC.
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients
- Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate
- Must participate in safety instructional programs.
- Answers telephone and public inquiries appropriately.
- Transcribes physician orders accurately.
- Demonstrate knowledge of importance of immediate orders and the
notification of the nurse.
- Labels the patient chart with appropriate information: ID
number, Name, Physician.
- Maintains adequate level of supplies including chart contents,
forms, clerical supplies, etc. Orders supplies on designated
- Maintains unit in a clean and organized manner during and at
the end of the shift.
- Accurately files information on the patient records.
- Makes sure that all patient forms have the appropriate
information on them: patient name, room number, physician,
- Maintains that forms are on the correct chart at all
- Makes order entries into Meditech accurately and timely.
- Completes necessary forms, copying of pertinent MR information
for all patient transfers.
- Communicates with all nursing staff to relay important unit or
patient information in a professional manner.
- Provides continuous observation of telemetry monitors.
- Recognizes any arrhythmias.
- Documents monitor tracing.
- Communicates findings to nursing staff and physicians on a
- Answers telephones and public inquiries appropriately.
- Processes orders accurately.
- Conveys STAT orders to appropriate personnel immediately.
- Maintains patient charts.
- Maintains par levels on supplies.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Must comply with mandatory Customer Service guidelines as
outlined in Standards of Performance
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:High School
or GED required. CPR/BLS certification preferred. Previous
experience in healthcare clerical related duties preferred.
Required skills include; organizational, customer relations, math,
grammar/spelling, transcription, the ability to read, write, speak,
and understand English, the ability to follow written and oral
direction, computer training.LifePoint Health is committed to
providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and
employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment
because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin,
disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Jackson Purchase Medical Center, Clarksville , Monitor Tech/PRN, Other , Mayfield, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!