The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest
Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an
aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America
and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have
businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and
non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and
gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility
businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related
companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for
significant growth. We look forward to working with highly
motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of
growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place
to work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed's annual "50 Best Places to Work" award for two years
- Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the
- Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Location: Calvert City, KY
This is a leadership position with responsibility for all
aspects of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) including direct
leadership of ten (10) O&M technicians and one (1) Maintenance
supervisor. This person should have experience or familiarity with
Gas Turbines, HRSGs, Air Compressors, Water Treatment, Pumps and
Electrical Infrastructure associated with a Cogeneration
As a leader, this position is an integral part of the site
management team. A high degree of communication and collaboration
with others is required. Proactive leadership (by example) to
reinforce DTE's core values of Safety, Caring, Dependable and
Efficient to continuously improve and develop employee culture is
critical for the success of this position.
The person holding this position provides leadership to the
operations and maintenance groups on the daily operation of
equipment under the general direction of the Plant Manager. He or
she manages the daily operation of the facility to insure the
environment and plant personnel are safe. He or she will be
knowledgeable of all environmental and compliance permits and how
they are implemented in an operating plant. This person will also
have a demonstrated knowledge of the maintenance management
function of a cogeneration power plant, managing the planned outage
activities; focused on optimization of scope, schedule and
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the employee functions as part
of the site leadership team utilizing their technical expertise,
discretion, and judgment within established policies, procedures
Results are reviewed through the achievement of set goals and
adherence to these policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintains a strong safety culture. Complies with all site
safety and environmental requirements and procedures. Identifies
safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary. Assists
with the development of and ensures that all site safety
requirements and procedures are properly implemented, consistently
observed and corrective actions are initiated when applicable.
- Develops, implements and manages consistent plant operating
philosophies and best practices to maximize plant availability,
efficiency and productivity.
- Constantly reviews and improves operational processes and
ensures that operating personnel are properly trained and adhere to
established procedures and standards in accordance with prudent
- Manages the O&M Technicians and Skilled Trades to ensure
safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the plant while
actively managing schedules to minimize overtime and comply with
- Establishes and adds to/modifies as required all
predictive/preventive maintenance requirements programmed into the
maintenance management system in alignment with maintenance
- Develops performance goals and reviews in a comprehensive,
open, and objective manner to align employee accountabilities and
conduct with operational processes in accordance with
- Investigates operating abnormalities and incidents to improve
equipment availability and performance and to minimize maintenance
- Prepares necessary plant operation reports in a timely manner
and investigates all forced outages; reporting them in accordance
with the BU practice through SharePoint.
- In collaboration with Plant Manager, prepares and continually
evaluates the operating budgets and/or makes recommendations to the
Plant Manager relative to optimization of operations and
- Assists with maintenance engineering evaluations and
troubleshooting of equipment abnormalities.
- Maintains a consistent and effective level of communications
with Plant Manager, Administrative staff, O&M Technicians and
Skilled Trades on shift.
- Lead project management of all planned outage activities,
including long term planning for capital improvements.
- In collaboration with the Plant Manager, drives continuous
improvement of established metrics on the plant huddle board.
Continually stretching goals toward the plants True North.
- Lead / support development of plant personnel in skillsets,
equipment/system knowledge and solving critical operational
- Establishes group goals based on market dynamics and the needs
of customers, employees, the owners and other stakeholders.
- Support management of change process to ensure traceability and
collaboration on execution.
- Lead / support problem solving activities and coach and mentor
the 4 CI capabilities within the team.
- Assures proper staffing, scheduling, orientation and training
of the plant staff, and manages compliance with all company
policies and procedures. Supports recruiting, interviews and
assigns operations and maintenance employment candidates.
A high school diploma or equivalent, including a minimum of
10-15 years supervisory or managerial experience in a Cogeneration
power plant. Additional consideration provided for technical
- Thorough, demonstrated understanding of plant operations and
maintenance, with strong knowledge of generating equipment,
boilers, and water treatment processes.
- Ability to analyze and improve operations business processes,
utilizing information about market dynamics and competitors'
processes and achievements.
- Proven planning and scheduling experience working with O&M
technicians, and other technical personnel involved with
preventative/predictive and corrective maintenance.
- Solid knowledge of plant engineering and plant maintenance
functions and how they relate to operations and income.
- Experience with accounting practices as it relates to analyzing
cost impacts to budget.
- Demonstrated skill in planning, coordinating and directing
varied programs and tasks directly effecting the overall plant
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work shifts and extra/irregular hours and to work
under unusual and special conditions that can arise in a
cogeneration power plant.
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that
must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job,
the employee is frequently required to: stand, walk, stoop, kneel
or sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee
is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms extensively.
Must be able to enter and work in confined space areas,
including boilers, condensers, tanks, etc. to evaluate equipment
condition or inspect work efforts by assigned resources.
The employee in this classification will be required to
frequently lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Occasionally
the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 40 pounds
in weight. In addition, the employee will occasionally push or pull
up to 70 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close vision,
color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works both
in a business office setting and out in the facility. In the course
of working at the plant site, the employee is occasionally exposed
to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid
conditions, extreme heat, and may work near moving mechanical parts
and/or machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet to moderate in the office but may
become loud at the plant site.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national
origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Paducah
Apply now "
Find similar jobs: