Environmental, Health, and Safety Site Lead
Company: Wacker Chemie AG
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most
research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing
leading solutions for numerous sectors - from construction to
photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber - for over 100 years. We have
a global presence with production sites on three continents and
14,600 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER BIOSOLUTIONS specializes in customized bio-technical
solutions, high-quality fine chemicals and superior polyvinyl
acetate solid resins for gum bases. At our Eddyville site, we are
currently looking for an Environmental, Health, and Safety Site
Lead to join our growing team.
- Drive effective site safety and hygiene programs and follow
Group Safety and Hygiene Directives - through intervention,
inspections, and coaching.
- Ensure compliance with Process Safety Regulations and Company
Directives, including facilitating Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
and Dust Hazard Analysis, follow up and tracking of action items
from these activities and ensuring and facilitating employee
participation in these activities.
- Drive an effective environmental program achieving compliance
to applicable laws, regulations, and Corporate Directives. The
environmental system will focus on legal compliance through
training, coaching, inspection and monitoring.
- Drive an effective health and occupational medicine program
insuring proper medical surveillance, use of personal protective
equipment (PPE), and initiatives to eliminate injuries, engineer
out PPE requirements where possible.
- Oversee the site security program including compliance with
CT-PAT, Food Safety, and Corporate security assessments.
- Monitor, perform trend analysis, and drive improvements in EHSS
via tracking of safety observations, open actions from audits and
inspections, and impacts and aspects for ISO programs.
- Responsible for internal and external reporting with respect to
EHSS topics. Coordinate permitting requirements and preparation of
related documentation with internal and external functions.
- Providing EHSS oversite for the Biosolutions locations in the
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health,
Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry,
Physics, or other technical degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years chemical manufacturing experience,
familiarity with Process Safety Management (PSM).
Experience in the EHSS field, including managing safety programs
at industry sites, familiarity with the PSM standards, and other
OSHA regulations. Experience with environmental regulations
including Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean
Water Act (CWA), and Clean Air Act (CAA).
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with groups of
people / teams
- Understanding of EHSS regulations & compliance
- Hazard analysis/risk assessment capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven
background in producing quality metrics reports
- Analytical and research capabilities. Ability to research and
properly apply information without direct supervision.
- Written and verbal communication and listening skills,
including excellent persuasive skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and SAP, including the ability to quickly learn third
WACKER, as an innovative chemical company, makes a vital
contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world
by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Our
culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive
teams. WACKER offers a great work environment, professional
development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and
beyond through giving back to our communities.
Be part of our WACKER family, across all nations!
We are looking forward to your online application at
Reference Code: 4256
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job,
nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. A minimum requirement for this
US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United
States on a permanent unrestricted basis. Visa sponsorship is not
available for this position, including for any type of US permanent
residency (e.g., for a Green card).
WACKER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
Keywords: Wacker Chemie AG, Clarksville , Environmental, Health, and Safety Site Lead, Other , Eddyville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!