Company: Ahava Healthcare of Clarksville
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Ahava Healthcare of Clarksville -
Low-Cost Health Insurance
Free Life Insurance
401k with company match
Paid Time Off
Paid Birthday Holiday
Dental and Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Ancillary Insurance Available.
Includes: Accident, Cancer, Hospital and Critical
Clean resident rooms and other interior and exterior facility
areas under the supervision of the Environmental Services
Supervisor. Assist in maintaining a positive physical and
psychosocial environment for the residents.
Essential Job Functions
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere
of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for
its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not
- Assist in maintaining a facility that is neat in appearance and
odor free at all times.
- Follow a regular schedule of all daily, weekly, monthly,
seasonal, and annual cleaning requirements.
- Clean (including vacuuming, wiping, mopping, polishing, etc.)
rooms, offices, and common areas; polish and straighten items;
confirm residents rooms are safe, comfortable, and maintained in an
attractive manner and residents personal items are
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services
when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living
and/or recreational areas.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with facility established
- Clean up spills, soiled areas, and other conditions as observed
- Follow an uninterrupted work schedule when Supervisor is not
- Follow special cleaning schedule such as windows, walls,
curtains, stripping floors, washing beds, etc.
- Maintain a cleaning cart fully equipped with needed
- Assist with transferring resident and belongings, (bed,
furniture, etc.) from one room to another.
- Extensive cleaning of the residents room upon discharge or
death of a resident.
- Report any damage of walls, floors, furniture, equipment etc.
- Pick up cleaning supplies for next days work at the end of the
- Follow cleaning schedules as outlined in Housekeeping Policies
- Maintain work area free of hazardous conditions, i.e., spills,
excessive supplies, equipment, etc.
- Maintain work and storage areas in a clean, neat, sanitary and
safe condition. Properly clean and store all equipment and
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan,
Fire Drill & Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks,
many of which will involve unpleasant conditions.
- Practical knowledge of day-to-day cleaning in a nursing
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people
in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents Rights and Facility Policies and
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
- Subject to frustrations in meeting work demands due to frequent
- Fast paced, required to make decisions quickly
- Involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- May work beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other
positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe
weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions,
etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency
- Meet general health requirements set forth by the policies of
this facility, which may include a medical and physical
Keywords: Ahava Healthcare of Clarksville, Clarksville , Housekeeping Full-time, Other , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!