About the Position
This position requires the individual to pro-actively apply
skills to install, maintain and improve all plant equipment. This
position will also be exposed to providing temporary support in all
other maintenance related activities. Given the "Food Processing"
environment, all work will be performed in accordance to all Food
Safety, Quality, and Food Defense requirements.
Essential Functions: Other duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Perform sheet metal fabrication, mill and lathe machining, and
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of single and three phase
power, understand electrical control schematics, and be able to
troubleshoot control and PLC logic and hardware.
- Must demonstrate strong mechanical troubleshooting skills of
general food manufacturing processing and packaging equipment.
- Ability to follow specific maintenance procedures concerning
PMs, schedules, and documentation requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals qualified with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work in a safe manner.
- Follow GMP's and housekeeping guidelines.
- Follow procedures to ensure all food quality standards are met
- Must work together with the maintenance team to provide
pro-active support to other groups within the CM team.
- Respond in an expedient manner to all trouble calls.
- Accept responsibility for one's own performance, as well as the
performance of the maintenance team.
- Maintain a pro-active approach to service internal customers
and the effort to continuously improve the operation of the
- Work any shift
- Consistently demonstrate an acceptable level of attendance and
performance. Required to conduct work in a safe and legal manner,
according to all GMP food safety standards, as well as following
safety protocols. Must be willing to be responsible for your safety
and health, along with the safety and health of all employees,
vendors, and visitors.
Education and /or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 + years as a general maintenance mechanic in a food
processing environment, preferred
- 2 + years working knowledge of PLC and electrical
- Technical trade training pertaining to maintenance skills.
- Solid work experience background.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
continuously required to stand and walk on concrete, occasionally
lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, access platforms from 6 to 45
feet, required to work in confined spaces. Specific vision
abilities include close, distant, color, peripheral, and depth
perception. Loud noise is to expected in this position.
We've Got the Right Mix of Ingredients for a Better Career:
(1) Pay for Skill Environment - The path for your success is
outlined in five levels. There are plenty of opportunities to
contribute your skills to project work, safety, training, and
(2) Excellent Pay - Starting Pay is $23.72 per hour for Level 1.
After Level 2 certification, pay jumps to $26.40 (i.e. after Level
3 certification - $28.65); annual level increases based on market
and budget factors. Levels 4 and 5 pay even more and perform
(3) Incentive Pay - Quarterly bonus incentives - earn up to 7%
per quarter based on safety, quality, and other criteria.
(4) Work with Phenomenal People - CM employees are truly
fantastic. We come from all walks of life and where we all give,
learn, and grow.
Continental Mills' products and brands bring people together so
we do our part to ensure those experiences are great! Our goal is
to be the most innovative, creative and admired company in food,
and we recognize that our people are the key to achieving that
goal. That's why we strive to foster a passionate, caring, and
quality-focused workplace where people know they are values and
understand how their contributions impact the business. We have a
small company feel, and many employees appreciate a variety of
broad responsibilities as well as the caring, family-like culture.
If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to work for, and
the kind of role you'd excel at, we encourage you to apply