Company: Plymouth Tube Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for the design and development of manufacturing
processes by utilizing knowledge of product design, materials,
tooling and equipment capabilities. Leads all process modeling
activities to support and improve the production environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, validates and verifies models that simulate hot
working, metal flow, heat transfer in Ti alloys, Ni-base super
alloys and specialty steels.
- Leads activities in developing cold working (cold draw) of
specialty steels to obtain desired characteristics such as
malleability, ductility, durability, hardness etc.
- Utilizes simulation techniques to assist in manufacturing
process improvement resulting in high quality products.
- Conducts root cause analysis and implements corrective
- Applies statistical methods to determine process capability and
- Works closely with equipment operators to validate and verify
the model developed and generate further data as necessary.
- Use data analysis to identify and implement cost savings and
- Effectively communicates results within the engineering group,
management and customers in the form of written reports and
- Periodically visits customers and/or supplier bases.
- Participates in user group meetings, conferences and trade
shows (exhibiting and explanatory).
- Develops, maintains and deploys work standards for
- Leads and manages projects as it relates to design and process
- Engages in lean manufacturing initiatives to improve processes,
equipment, safety, material flow, cycle times, productivity and
- Leads tooling design efforts to ensure product quality and
efficiency of production method.
- Assists with the training of Design Engineering group.
- Assists in the process of customer quoting.
- Works with Safety, Quality and Production to help ensure
operator training and proficiency.
- Improves and develop competencies in core process technologies
and maintain knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology
- Participates in 5s Events and Kaizen related events.
- Prioritizes and responds to operation needs with urgency and
- Own and role model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors by
embracing and participating in an operating culture that promotes
involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect, expectations
and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Complies and advocates all Company Environmental and Safety
policies, procedures and standards.
- Complies with Company Quality Standards.
- Attends all prerequisite training as required by
- Has the authority to stop machine and process to correct
quality, safety or environmental problems, and to promptly notify
appropriate management personnel when processes are
Bachelor's Degree or comparable technical degree in Mechanical
5 -10 years' operational experience preferred; equivalent
combination of education and experience considered
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct
- Maintains knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology
- Working knowledge of ISO, TS, OSHA and NFPA standards.
- Utilization of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Ability and experience applying engineering and statistical
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess
the following language skills:
- Can speak and communicate effectively to technical and
non-technical staff at all levels.
- Can read and write to effectively communicate information and
technical concepts, and able to produce effective written
- Has the ability to present information effectively as well as
respond to questions from management groups and customers.
- Can correctly interpret documents such as written instructions,
spreadsheets, drawings, lists and manuals.
Technology and Equipment: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must have - Knowledge of aerospace materials and
- Expertise in designing tools including AUTOCAD and SOLID
- Competent user of process simulation techniques such as DEFORM,
- Windows operating systems & programs
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Visual Basic and
SQL is an added advantage.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Job Function Group 2
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Plymouth Tube Company, Clarksville , Process Engineer, Other , Hopkinsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!