Company: Wabash National Trailer Centers
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate degree in welding technology preferred
- Current Welder certifications in SMAW & GTAW preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a welding environment required
- Competent in math, metrics, basic metallurgy, and heat
- Blue Print reading.
- Measurement and test equipment, torque wrenches, dial calibers,
weld gages, etc.
- Welding and visual welding inspection knowledge.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles (5S/WPO, work cell, GTF,
- Applies ergonomic principles for improvements on shop
- Able to create Inspection Standards from prints, design
standards or other required standards.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, ERP software (SAP, Oracle, etc),
email, statistical software, CAD basics, and capable and willing to
learn additional computer programs as needed.
- Requires minimum of eight hours of standing, bending,
squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, walking, and climbing on or
under trailers with a full range of body motions/mechanics.
- Regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds, frequently required
to lift up to 50 pounds with occasional lift of up to 75 pounds may
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring the use of
ladders, stairs, climbing on and under trailer, and/or working
on/from a platform.
- May be required to operate a variety of power/hand tools,
measuring devices, and/or test equipment
- Utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors for the purpose
of product development and continuous improvement.
- Lead cross-functional teams in problem solving and improvement
- Maintain inventory levels in the paint facility
- Perform all reporting tasks related to consumption, air
quality, and calibration checks
- Ability to perform light maintenance work in the paint
building, the small paint booth, & the wash bay - fix air hoses,
repair & rebuild paint guns, clean & maintain equipment
- Ability to communicate knowledge and skills effectively, both
orally and in writing, to diverse audiences.
- Exercise independent judgement.
- Performs work at a quality level consistent with Wabash
National/Transcraft standard practice.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts as
Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment includes exposure to high decibel noise,
varying temperature and weather conditions, metal welding
processes, assembly processes, woodcutting, and paint processes,
which may include exposure to various chemicals and solvents as
well as paints, and caulking.
Keywords: Wabash National Trailer Centers, Clarksville , Paint Technician, Other , Cadiz, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!