Value Stream Leader
Company: Plymouth Tube Company
Posted on: June 13, 2021
This position will lead the Value Stream to achieve targeted
results and follows the precepts of the Plymouth Business System;
Ensures Value Stream Members are trained and adhere to Company
policy and procedures. Provides leadership for problem resolution
to facilitate faster improvements
- Champion safety initiatives on the shop floor.
- Provide expectations, accountability and direction to the Value
- Understand production processes and material flow throughout
the Value Stream.
- This position acts as a "Customer Champion" and is accountable
to customer requirements within the Value Stream.
- Takes an active role to understand the P&L of the company
and departmental budget, and leads cost saving initiatives.
- Leads the "Managing Daily Improvement" process on the shop
floor to drive specific productivity improvements, ensure day to
day performance, on time delivery and continuous improvement.
- Complies with Plymouth Business Systems requirements to ensure
that the Value Stream is meeting the internal and external
- Responsible for production personnel training.
- Executes Plymouth Tube policies, procedures, work instructions
and manufacturing processes.
- Develops floor leaders, drive business objectives, develop
talent in the production team, and identify direct report training
- Responsible for ensuring the production floor is kept neat and
- Inspects and inventories site-generated hazardous waste staging
- Assists the transfer of site-generated hazardous waste to
on-site staging areas.
- Directs storage of site-generated hazardous waste in the
hazardous waste staging areas.
- Conducts inspections of Satellite Accumulation Areas.
Bachelor's Degree: equivalent combination of education and
experience will be considered. Past Leadership experience and Lean
Manufacturing experience is preferred. Knowledge of micrometers,
calipers and other measuring devices.
Experience Required (required):
3-5 years manufacturing experience
- Adaptability: Adapts to any new pressures from the environment,
sees beyond the obvious and adjusts quickly to new priorities.
- Ambition: Acknowledging slow growth in company or self not
- Analysis: Sorts the "wheat from the chaff," determining root
causes and subtle relationships among data from various
- Change Leadership: Is supportive of change, seeks to identify
and understand the benefits included in the change, and leads
change efforts by example.
- Coaching and Training: Actively and successfully trains and
coaches people for current assignments and develops them for
promotion into positions in which they succeed.
- Communication: Adept at running meetings, keeps meetings on
track with objectives, is specific in requests and timelines,
successful in achieving meeting results, thorough in follow up and
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrates sound decision making when
approaching decisions with critical impact, uses PBS problem
solving methods to drive results.
- Customer Focus: Seeks out information on customer requirements,
stops a process when an inconsistency is suspected.
- Diversity: Appreciates the power of a diverse workforce and
enjoys working in diverse groups.
- Excellence: Remains consistent in terms of what one says and
does, and in behavior toward others.
- Goal Setting: Demonstrates ability to set SMART goals
(specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic, and time or
- Initiative: Acts with sense of urgency: Gives immediate
attention to tasks or issues that prevent organization from
reaching goals, rethinks priorities and organizes work to achieve
goals or get goals back on track.
- Judgement Making: Achieves balance between quick decisiveness
and slower, more thorough approaches, i.e., is neither indecisive
nor a hip-shooter.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Job Function Group 1
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Plymouth Tube Company, Clarksville , Value Stream Leader, Other , Hopkinsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!