Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing - Metals
Company: Columbus McKinnon Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Overview: The Global Strategic Sourcing Manager -
Metals with a technical expertise in metals manufacturing processes
and market dynamics, with emphasis on, but not limited to Steel and
aluminum. This person will lead cost reduction efforts including,
but not limited to, VAVE, negotiations, and best cost region
sourcing. Includes management of supply, and development of overall
CMCO global sourcing & procurement strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of global commodity strategies that enable the
identification and sourcing of suppliers, products, and services at
best-in-class quality, price, delivery, and service levels.
- Drive projects to support KPIs and focus on cost and on time
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of the
Columbus McKinnon Machined Parts Supply Base - specific to Low
Volume/High Mix components.
- VAVE Leadership and Execution; coordinate efforts with Product
Management, Engineering, and Quality to drive strategic procurement
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop category strategies to
achieve total value improvement, cost optimization, and overall
supply base rationalization. Manage and drive year-over-year cost
- Develop and execute category source plan and lead resources in
the identification of potential suppliers, requirements
documentation, RFI and RFQs, bid and price analysis, negotiation,
contract awards, and supplier performance management consistent
with CMCO terms & conditions.
- Analysis of market conditions and supplier quality and delivery
performance to determine present and future material availability
- Regular communication of market conditions and associated
information to internal stakeholders and the development of
solutions that mitigate risks associated with any bottlenecks or
- Management, support, and monitoring of procurement KPI
reporting systems to meet company requirements and improve sourcing
/ procurement processes.
- Technical subject matter expertise in Global metals sourcing
for low volume, high mix environments.
- Willingness to assume hands-on interaction with factories as
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, and Abilities:
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand technical
specifications, blueprints, & drawings, and to apply them to
various manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of metals markets, supply and cost dynamics.
- Understanding of metals manufacturing processes.
- Ability to think abstractly to deal with ambiguous/undefined
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to suppliers, customers, and other
employees within the organization.
- Must be able to communicate with management, business units and
project teams to share progress and timelines, technical
information and training needs. This includes both formal
presentations to medium to large audiences and informal
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in a technical field (Metallurgy or
Mechanical Engineering is ideal), Materials Management, or Supply
- 7+ years' experience in Procurement or Strategic Sourcing
- Industry relationships with metals producers in North America
- Demonstrated experience in driving Continuous Improvement
through kaizen and other CI tools.
- Proven track record of driving year over year Quality, Deliver,
and Cost improvement for metals.
- Willingness to travel domestically and outside the US up to 35%
of the time.
About Columbus McKinnon:
We design and make material handling products and solutions, but
the most important part of our business is our people. We have been
a hard-working company for over 140 years - proud of our heritage,
where we come from, and where we're going. As Columbus McKinnon
grows, so does our need for driven and inspired employees. We are
publicly traded and expanding globally - to new markets,
geographies, and distribution channels. Join our winning team!
Columbus McKinnon Corporation promotes a diverse and inclusive
workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the
basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other Federal or State legally-protected classes. We also value
the safety of all associates and work hard to maintain a Drug Free
Keywords: Columbus McKinnon Corporation, Clarksville , Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing - Metals, Other , Lexington, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!