Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: Continental Mills
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About the Position
This position is responsible for leading the Continuous
Improvement initiatives at one of our designated plants. This
position will provide leadership, planning, technical direction,
communication and coaching to ensure safe production of
high-quality products to meet customer needs in the most
cost-effective manner. This position will play an integral role on
the Company's TPM Resource Team, providing input into the ongoing
design and implementation of Continental Mill's productivity and
improvement activities. The position will also drive the effective
communication between Company C.I. Resources and Site Leadership
teams. As a member of the Site Planning Team, this position could
potentially back up other members in their absence, primarily the
Operations and Engineering Manager positions.
Essential Functions: Other duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Influences Continuous Improvement to quantitatively and
qualitatively improve costs, quality, and service.
- Influences the organization into developing a C.I. culture
(Loss identification & elimination) in all areas through defined
strategies, tactics, and building capabilities throughout the
- Train and educate the organization and implement continuous
improvement methodologies including but not limited to TPM, 5S,
Lean, and other loss savings and productivity improving
- Influences all C.I. activities and supports all Pillars of the
TPM system, to include Leadership & Organization, Autonomous
Maintenance, Focused Improvement, Planned Maintenance, Education &
Training, and Early Management.
- Supports safety as a top priority - in training, job design,
ergonomics, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures and supports both company and plant Quality systems and
- Establishes and manages systems for "right first time"
performance and incorporates this philosophy across the
- Supports internal plant, inter-plant, and corporate-wide
initiatives, including developing synergies and leveraging business
opportunities to optimize manufacturing operations.
- Provides strategic leadership and tactical planning for the
technical training community. Partner with HR and TPM leadership on
broader training plans and processes.
- Identifies and works collaboratively with the HR community to
make enhancements to the pay-for-skills programs that drives
business results improvements and equity for all plant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals qualified with disabilities to perform the essential
- Systemic problem solver, implementing solutions to solve root
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and
collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Able to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the
needs of each according to business impact.
- Strong business and technical skills across all functions
within a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced and proficient at Coaching, Motivating, and
- Must value Coaching as ongoing support of our team members in
the work environment.
- Sets expectations, tracks and communicates results, and creates
environment for accountability for results and actions.
- Strong facilitation, written and oral communication skills.
- Effective in small and large group sessions. Provides
facilitation skills development for CI Team Leads.
- Conveys information in understandable terms at all levels of
the organization and through proper channels.
- Creative and change-oriented Continuous Improvement process
skills. Strong ability to learn and embrace new and challenging
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to influence team
members at all levels.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree in manufacturing, engineering or food processing
field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 + years of successful managerial experience with increasing
levels of responsibility.
- Proven track-record of building capability across all levels of
- Food background preferred.
- Experience in a variety of manufacturing areas (production,
engineering, QA, logistics) within consumer products.
- TPM experience preferred, (Six Sigma, Lean experience is
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer and telephone along with reaching.
Specific vision abilities include close vision requirements due to
computer work. Moderate noise, ability to work in a confined area,
and ability to sit at a computer for an extended period are also
included. This position will require considerable time on the shop
floor, at times lifting up to 50 lbs to support manufacturing
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. This position description is designed to outline primary
duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees
nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our
expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever
and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and
promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law,
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, marital or military status, national origin, gender identity,
the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic
information, or any other status or characteristic protected by
local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Continental Mills, Clarksville , Continuous Improvement Manager, Other , Hopkinsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!