Dispersions Production Supervisor 1
Company: Wacker Chemie AG
Location: Calvert City
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most
research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing
leading solutions for numerous sectors - from construction to
photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber - for over 100 years. We have
a global presence with production sites on three continents and
14,600 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER POLYMERS is the global technology leader in the
development and production of redispersible powders, dispersions
solid resins, powder binders and surface coating resins. At our
Calvert City site, we are currently looking for a Dispersions
Production Supervisor 1 to join our growing team.
This position is responsible to coordinate daily operations
activities including supervising operators, scheduling plant
production, purchasing raw materials, managing finished goods
inventory levels, and optimizing the production process.
- Manage constraints imposed by raw materials, equipment, and
resource availability to meet customer demands.
- Supervise chemical operators. Ensure they safely produce
products necessary to meet customer demands
- Purchase all raw materials and manage raw material inventory
- Schedule plant production
- Process optimization to achieve maximum throughput and product
- Manage finished goods inventory levels at primary and secondary
- Product and key raw material quality performance.
- Compliance with OSHA, site, and Wacker safety regulations
- Update operating procedures
- Participation in maintenance coordination/prioritizing
- Compliance with Title V Air Permit
- Review and update ISO procedures as necessary
- Education:High school diploma required. Advanced technical or
business education preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in chemicals manufacturing
required,5-10 years experience preferred.
- Experience with supervision of bargaining unit employees and/or
supply chain forecasting, scheduling, & logistics preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory management, business understanding,
chemical processing , safety and environmental regulations
- Computer knowledge - SAP, MS Office applications, process
control computer - D/3
- Strong analytical abilities,problem solving, organizational,
communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage multiple priorities
WACKER, as an innovative chemical company, makes a vital
contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world
by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Our
culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive
teams. WACKER offers a great work environment, professional
development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and
beyond through giving back to our communities.
Be part of our WACKER family, across all nations !
We are looking forward to your online application at
Reference Code: 5062
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job,
nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. A minimum requirement for this
US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United
States on a permanent unrestricted basis. Visa sponsorship is not
available for this position, including for any type of US permanent
residency (e.g., for a Green card).
WACKER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
Keywords: Wacker Chemie AG, Clarksville , Dispersions Production Supervisor 1, Other , Calvert City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!