1.0 Job Title
1.1 Quality Supervisor
2.0 Job Summary
2.1 Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the Quality
Supervisor performs the duties and responsibilities shown
2.2 Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all BOS, ISO/IATF-16949 and Customer Specific
requirements. Reference the ADIENT BOS Responsibilities Matrix for
all requirements related to this job title.
- Ensures all safety policies are followed including all team
members wearing PPE, reporting all safety incidents to HSE
- Participates as Layered Process Auditor if instructed by
- Assuring that all Quality / Gage Inspection Standards /ES Test
Specifications are being adhere to.
- Ability to complete all complete gage inspections and record
data entry into reporting database or spreadsheets.
- Assist in problem solving, calibration, gage R&R,
documentation control and training of employees in inspection
- Assists with 5S activities in work areas, in control of
rejected material, and assist other departments as request.
- Ensures the compliance with the customer requirements for
dimensional confirmation per control methods to measurement tools
- Provides plant support for production issues related to quality
- Provides training of each team member and ensure all work
instruction are understood & followed.
- Responsible for maintaining training documents to ensure
operator training & sign off.
- Reports gage equipment issues to Gage Calibration Tech and Lab
Supervisor for necessary repair or calibration of gauge(s).
- Verify attendance at the start of each shift and verify daily
- Ensure all gauges are identified, calibration date is current
and in gage calibration system.
- Communication between all shifts - leaders are required to do
hand-off from shift to shift reporting problems, parts issues,
- Provides Administrative Control for Quality Gage area (Quality
/ Gage Techs).
- Perform responsibilities per Quality Tech / ES Tech
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by the Quality
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is
expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective
operation of the department.
3.0 Education / Experience / Skills
3.1 Education / Experience
3.1.1 Associate's degree or equivalent of a minimum of 3-5 years
of experience in the Automotive Industry preferred. Good
understanding of Manufacturing processes.
3.1.2 Quality / Problem Solving Tools: Understanding of CORE
tools (certified preferred), Experience on 8-D Problem Solving
Methodology/tools is preferred-(KT/5 whys/fishbone etc), Internal
or External Auditing training preferred.
3.1.3 Other Skills / Abilities: Proficiency in Excel -including
charting, MS Word, PowerPoint. Must be computer literate and
familiar with appropriate software programs and databases.
Demonstrate knowledge and key contacts in other functional areas.
(HSE & E, ME, Materials, Launch, CI, Management, HR, Finance, Lab).
Ability to create visual aids for communication purposes. Ability
to create comprehensive reports to customer and management of
quality performance metrics. Diversity, Leadership, & Time
3.2.1 Willingness to take on tasks outside of customary
responsibilities and displays a positive attitude.
3.2.2 Shows Initiative, candidate does not wait to be told, but
anticipates and acts on what needs to be done.
3.2.3 Communication, exhibits verbal and written communication
so superiors, peers and especially subordinates. Can understand
dealing with customers/Internal & External (Program Managers, QE's,
3.2.4 Ability to work well in a team atmosphere. Must be able to
work well with others either as the leader of the group or in a
subordinate capacity when working with members of management.
3.2.5 Good Decision Maker, when provided the necessary tools, is
able to make sound manufacturing decisions. T/L is capable of
knowing who to consult when they don't have the required info to
make a decision based on available information.
4.1 This position reports directly to the Quality Manager.
4.2 This position is accountable to the Plant Manager.
5.0 Supervisory Responsibilities
5.1 This job has supervisory responsibilities for Quality
6.1 Must be able to perform each essential duty
6.2 Requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
6.3 Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.