Licensed Practical Nurse - NHC HomeCare Dickson
Company: National Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Licensed Practical Nurse for NHC HomeCare Dickson
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides skilled nursing
services under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the state where HomeCare agency is
- Graduate of a state approved vocational education program
- One year clinical experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, learn, absorb, and follow written
orders and keep records in prescribed manner.
- Ability to be reaching, bending, squatting and twisting
numerous times daily.
- Ability to lift 70-80 pounds on occasional basis.
- Ability to see and hear adequately in order to respond to
auditory and visual requests from patients.
- Ability to speak in clear, concise voice in order to
- Ability to carry out fine motor skills with manual
- Able to perform routine nursing procedures.
- Mental acuity high enough to adequately perform job
- Must have reliable personal transportation and be able to drive
in inclement weather and variable road conditions.
- Provides skilled nursing services as dictated by the plan of
care and documents according to policy/procedures.
- Instructs the patient/caregiver in various aspects of patient
care and disease management. Documents the patients/caregivers
comprehension of and compliance with teaching.
- Observes patient response to care/teaching and makes
recommendations regarding revision of plan for patient care to the
- Provides and documents skilled nursing care according to the
plan of care/physicians orders, policies/procedures and standards
- Records and reports to the Registered Nurse symptoms, vital
signs and other observations that may be indicative of care plan
reactions and changes.
- Follows and teaches infection control and safety policies and
- Participates in on-going care coordination and maintains
positive relationships with referral sources, physicians/other
clinicians, patients/families, and other partners.
- Participates with other nurses in taking weekend, night and
holiday calls on a rotating basis, under the direction of a
- Continually strives to improve nursing care through
participation in inservice activities, staff development activities
and continuing learning.
- Serves on committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the RN / DON
National HealthCare Corporation is recognized nationwide as an
innovator in the delivery of quality care. Our goal is to provide a
full range of extended care services, designed to maximize the
well-being and independence of patients of all ages. We are
dedicated to meeting patient needs through an interdisciplinary
approach combining compassionate care with cost-effective health
The NHC environment is one of encouragement and challenge ...
innovation and improvement ... teamwork and collaboration ... and
honesty and integrity. All NHC employees are committed as partners,
not only to the health of our patients, but to the well-being of
the communities we serve.
If you are interested in working for a leader in senior care and
share NHC's values of honesty and integrity, please apply today and
find out more about us at
We look forward to talking with you!!
Keywords: National Healthcare Corporation, Clarksville , Licensed Practical Nurse - NHC HomeCare Dickson, Other , Dickson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!