TEMPORARY PRN Medical Assistant Float
Company: Baptist Healthcare System, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and
professional environment that encourages our employees to want to
come to work every day.
When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role
in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in
the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our
The Medical Assistant is an individual who assists the staff and
physician by collecting patient information needed to determine
physical and psychological needs, health problems, etc., performing
selected treatments, diagnostic procedures and routine duties. The
Medical Assistant functions as a member of the healthcare team with
responsibilities commensurate with educational preparation and
demonstrated competencies. Direct patient care is provided to
patients of all ages.
III. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this
individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major
and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions
may change from time to time.
- Perform drug and alcohol testing collections when needed.
- Administer pulmonary function testing, EKG's, and draws blood
- Takes vital signs, including blood pressure.
- Administers audiometric testing using microprocessor audiometer
- Assist with the development and maintenance of patient charts;
including documentation of patient symptoms, complaints, or other
- Assist physician with physical exams and selected
- Holds in confidence all matters concerning patients.
- Exhibits friendly and helpful behavior.
- Assists in clerical duties related to the operation of the
office, such as answering phone, filing of medical records and
charts, labeling of charts and call backs to client/ company
IV. MINIMUM TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support Certification required.
- Minimum two years of direct patient care experience
V. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Venipuncture and other laboratory procedures
- Electrocardiogram Testing
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Audiometry Testing
- Data Entry
- Strength: This position requires the ability to frequently
push/pull objects of more than 50 pounds and the ability to
frequently lift objects of more than 50 pounds
- Manual Dexterity: This position requires the individual to
constantly perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
positioning a patient and skills such as typing on a computer
console, talking on the telephone, writing, using copy equipment
and fax machines.
- Coordination: Position requires individual to constantly
perform tasks, which require hand-eye steadiness.
- Mobility: Position requires this individual to constantly
alternate between sitting and walking each day.
- Visual Discrimination: Position requires this individual to
constantly see objects closely as in reading and using the
- Communication: Position requires the individual to constantly
be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise, as in
answering the telephone or dealing with another person. Requires
good articulation and voice modulation.
- Concentration: This position requires constant ability to
concentrate on details with frequent interruption.
- Attention Span: This position requires the ability to
constantly attend to tasks or functions until their
- Conceptualization: This position requires the individual to
frequently understand and relate to concepts behind specific
- Memory: This position requires the individual to be able to
constantly remember task/assignment given to self or others during
the course of a shift. Must be able to frequently remember multiple
tasks/assignments given to self and others during the course of a
day, as well as over long periods of time.
- Communication: This position requires the individual to have
the ability to constantly communicate verbally using advanced level
vocabulary and medical terminology.
VI. WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Position requires occasional exposure to blood, body tissue or
fluids (Category A), and hazardous materials and dust. Position may
be stressful and demanding.
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on
supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge
you to apply now!
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Keywords: Baptist Healthcare System, Inc., Clarksville , TEMPORARY PRN Medical Assistant Float, Other , Paducah, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!