Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Company: HDR, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture,
environmental and construction services. While we are most
well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through
high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide
much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for
progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include
scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why
we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be
an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the
world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside
the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details
yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that
collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to support our
expanding geotechnical section within our Lexington and/or
Louisville, KY office. This is a leadership role that involves
planning, organizing, and coordinating the work of entry- and
- Plan, execute, and complete geotechnical tasks on assigned
projects independently and collaboratively. This position may be
required to review design and construction submittals for
geotechnical compliance with applicable codes, design standards,
project requirements, and contract documents.
- Geotechnical investigations and design activities for dams,
levees, hydraulic structures, railroad, and transportation
- Involvement in communication with both internal and external
- Geotechnical technical analyses, preparation of proposals and
reports, and coordination with designers and contractors to
implement recommendations on plans and in the field.
- Engage in supporting development of technical scope of works
and fee proposals, as well as responses to RFP's related to
- This position may function as technical specialist or project
manager, but project management is not sole focus of position.
Core Competencies for a successful candidate:
- Must be able to independently make decisions and
recommendations that will impact a project's activities and
- Be a technical expert, leader, and authority in projects and
tasks involving geotechnical engineering.
- Be knowledgeable of today's technical standards, including but
not limited to USACE, AREMA, LRFD, etc.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, ability to work
collaboratively with team members and clients and the demonstrate
expertise in managing several complex tasks simultaneously.
- MSCE degree or higher in geotechnical engineering
- 11 or more years of experience in the general field of
geotechnical engineering and specializ
Keywords: HDR, Inc., Clarksville , Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Other , Paducah, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!