Company: Cargill, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This full time position is located in Charleston, Missouri ;
however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case
you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The purpose of this position is to operate equipment associated
with the elevator process. Operators in this position are
responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the
elevator area. They will ensure that the equipment is fully
operational and in good repair. Interacts with farmers, supervisors
or other personnel.
As an Elevator Operator, you will:
- Operate safely within Cargill policy, procedures, and
governmental regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety
programs (BBSP, SafeStart etc.)
- Perform critical operations to keep facility running:
Loading/Unloading barges, trucks. Other grain handling including,
filling /reclaiming of ground piles, transferring, blending
- Provide a high level of customer service by displaying
courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors.
- Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include
elevators, grounds, buildings, etc.
- Monitor equipment to ensure it's in good working order,
participate in the overall maintenance of the facility and
equipment - notify management of any necessary repairs or possible
- Be an involved/engaged member of a team and be willing to act
and think independently.
- Operators in this position will use PPE, including a mask, and
life jackets, since they will work around water.
Qualifications - External
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on
possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work
in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include
bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and
twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions
with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which may
include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, and work around water.
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to operate industrial equipment
- Must be able to read/write English
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays with advance
- Prior experience in production related work
- Industrial background
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Keywords: Cargill, Inc., Clarksville , Elevator Operator, Other , Charleston, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!