OD Tech Optometric Technician
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Schedule appointments, verify insurance coverage, maintain
accurate patient records, and assist with preliminary testing under
the Optometrist's supervision. Educate patients on lens insertion
and removal and overall care of contact lenses. Able to effectively
sell and meet or exceed all sales goals
Schedule appointments according to the SOP Appointment
Scheduling/Check-In guidelines, including next year's
Efficient in recommending patients fill out paperwork on-line
and importing patient information from web daily.
Confirm the schedule: call appointments the day before to
confirm the appointment time. Contact/reschedule no shows and
Pull all charts for the next day's appointments; scan/shred (if
necessary) set-up color folders.
Has complete understanding of MVC plans and is able to
articulate plans to customers and patients.
Preauthorize insurance day before appointment; .Reconciles all
exceptions pre-closing using 35 report.
Handle patients' FLOW efficiently. Answer patients' questions,
check patients in and out, collect payments, monitor and perform
other front desk tasks as needed. Able to perform duties related to
EMR proficiently. Maintain complete and accurate patient records
according to SOP standards.
Perform preliminary testing data collection as directed
utilizing Patient Flow form and entering in EMR
Instruct patients on the insertion, removal, cleaning, care and
proper handling of their contact lenses.
Order (regular and trials), stock, notify patients when their
contact lenses are available for dispensing, dispense contact
lenses and eyewear using SERVE.
Recall patients daily using POS recall system; call and appt.
goals met daily.
Able to effectively sell and meet or exceed all sales goals
Clean and maintain equipment and instruments in the optometric
area and cover equipment nightly as well as supply inventories and
ensure inventory is not expired
- Other duties as assigned by management to include cross
training, support of retail floor, etc.
- One (1) year of related experience
- Optical preferred
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
- Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms
- Work changing schedules to meet business demands
- Work inside location
- Strong organization
- Speak clearly and effectively
- Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
- Read English
- Problem solve/ reasoning
- Meet customer expectations
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Follow procedures and instructions
- Use computer effectively and view computer screen
- Attention to detail
- Exhibit empathy in all interactions
- Manage location effectively
- Reach above shoulder continuously
Training Requirements (where applicable)
- Must complete company training programs within the required
- Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate
is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick
or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is
occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of
computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral
- Must be detail orientated and well organized
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other
associates and clients
- Must be energetic and self-motivated
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to problem solve
- Must be able to multi-task
- Medical Office/business professionalism required
- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite
meetings on a regular and predictable basis
- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and
collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability
Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of
protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of
Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a
component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have
access to covered information, cardholder data or other
confidential customer information which must be protected at all
times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data
security guidelines established within the Company's Privacy &
Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the
hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation,
gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status,
or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local
The specific statements shown in each section of this
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the
job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete
additional essential responsibilities as identified and
- Job Family Contributor
- Job Function Retail Incentive Plan
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kentucky, USA
- Store 567, 3910 Hinkleville Rd, Paducah, Kentucky, United
States of America
Keywords: Visionworks, Clarksville , OD Tech Optometric Technician, Other , Paducah, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!