Company: Koppers Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Represent Koppers to sawmill owners and managers as the
crosstie field buyer for Middle Tennessee and Central Kentucky
- The field buyer works in close liaison with the Guthrie, KY
- Develop and enhance relationships of wood dealers that will
provide continuity of supply.
- Management of inventory including conducting inventory counts
and knowledge of inventory ready to be ship to the plant.
- Requires travel to and from sawmills to purchase raw
- Keep supervisor informed of the competition concerning raw
material pricing and other issues that could affect the supply of
- Advance Accounts- collection on advance accounts, issuing
advances in discussion with supervisor and informing supervisor of
problems with collections.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3 years' industry or procurement experience required; Sawmill
or other forest product purchasing experience preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships with vendors
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly learn railroad tie specifications
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, analyze problems, work
independently, and manage time
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information,
ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or
any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by
any applicable state or local law.
Keywords: Koppers Inc., Clarksville , Field Buyer, Other , Dickson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!