RN Night Shift Supervisor - NHC Dickson
Company: National Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Supports the mission of NHC. Exemplifies "The Better Way"
through leadership and demeanor. Represents the center in a
positive manner both in the medical community and in the community
as a whole.
Health - Ability to meet performance requirements
Education and Training:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Maintains a current unencumbered licensed to practice in the
state where employed
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Attends continuing education offerings and through teaching and
mentoring, contributes to the ongoing education of partners under
Job Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Is responsible for maintaining clinical competency as evidenced
by application of integrated nursing knowledge and skills,
leadership and communication skills.
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessment, planning and
- Exhibits organizational ability related to work flow,
prioritizing to meet the patient care needs
- Integrates current standards of practice as well as local,
state, and federal regulations related to nursing services in the
care of patients.
- Practices continuous quality improvement thinking and problem
- Able to be on feet standing or walking 8-12 hours per day
- Able to lift 60-70 lbs on occasional basis
- Able to bend, stoop, squat and twist numerous times a day
- Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory
and visual requests
- Able to speak in clear, concise voice in order to communicate
with patients who may be hearing impaired
- Able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
- Working with the interdisciplinary care team, to assure
accurate patient assessment and development/revision of
individualized plans of care.
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with patients and
families, providing opportunity and encouragement to participate in
- Assure that nursing partners have been assigned duties
- Make rounds, with specific attention to high acuity
- Monitor unit/units to ensure that appropriate nursing care
(according to established policies and procedures) is being
provided and that doctors and families are being notified of
changes in patients' condition
- Assume responsibility for assisting with meds and treatments as
needed (including IV fluids and IV meds).
- Assist with admitting patients as required.
- Assist with hiring and in the orientation of new nursing
- Assures the personal dignity and physical safety of each
patient. Assist patients to attain the highest level of self-care
- Assist physician during rounds
- Supervise LPNs and other nursing partners as assigned. Complete
performance evaluations as required (two times per year).
- Make changes in staffing schedule as indicated by absence and
illness and contact additional help to assure staffing levels are
maintained in order to meet the care needs of patients
- Carry out personnel disciplinary action(s) (written, verbal
warnings, suspension and termination) promptly and effectively as
stated in personnel policies and amendments.
- Maintain the security of the premises and direct unauthorized
persons coming on the premises to leave
- Participate in ON-CALL Program
- Attend in-service education programs and participates in Silver
Chair Training, as assigned, to learn new procedures, develop
- Leads by example and performs hands on care, answers call
lights and assist C.N.A.'s in their duties when needed.
- Perform weekly skin assessments, incident reports, nursing
summaries, recording of patient weights, alert charting, daily
skilled nurses notes and other documentation as assigned.
- Relieve other shifts if needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Willingness to work with the realization that errors may have
serious consequences for patients.
- Patience and tact in dealing with patients.
- Review and practice the promises of NHC's Better Way
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive
- Subject to night, weekend and holiday duty.
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with patients,
family members, and other center personnel, while assuring
confidentiality of patient information.
If you are interested in joining a leader in senior care since
1971, and share our values on integrity and honesty, apply on-line
Keywords: National Healthcare Corporation, Clarksville , RN Night Shift Supervisor - NHC Dickson, Other , Dickson, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!