Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving
functions for members including processing deposits, withdrawals,
loan payments, cashiers' checks, money orders, gift cards, travel
cards, and cash advances. Balances each day's transactions and
verifies cash totals. Performs a broad variety of member services
functions such as opening and closing share accounts, CDs, Answers
members questions regarding Credit Union services provided and
performs a variety of account maintenance duties. Actively
cross-sells Credit Union products and services. Performs assigned
side-jobs including various clerical and receptionist functions,
and assists other Member Advisors with duties as required. Serves
members promptly and professionally.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and
accurate performance of teller and entry level member advisor
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional
- Receives share deposits and loan payments.
- Processes cash advances, travel cards, gift cards, cashiers'
checks, money orders, the wiring of funds, share withdrawals,
transfers, & stop payments.
- Verifies transactions. Monitors deposit amounts and examines
documents for endorsement and negotiability. Detects and resolves
- Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals.
Investigates, reports and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional
performance of member service functions.
- Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to
members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Opens and
closes accounts. Orders checks for members' accounts. Completes
payroll deduction and authorization forms.
- Answers questions and solves problems for members by listening
to problems, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting
results to the inquiring party. Resolves member bookkeeping and
account problems. Takes stop payment orders.
- Receives and directs members and telephone calls. Responds to
inquiries and questions if possible or directs them as necessary.
Records and relays messages.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed.
- Keeps members informed of Credit Union products & services
including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates,
payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional
reputation. Maintains privacy of member account information.
- Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services, and
makes qualified referrals to other areas within the
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and
complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the
position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective coordination and working relationships with area
personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any
significant problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and
- Adheres to assigned schedule & break periods. Regular
attendance & punctuality are required.
- Attends and participates in all meetings, trainings and
committees as required
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
- Performs drive-up service, night drop, safe deposit box, and
ATM and coin machine functions as assigned.
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness
of the Credit Union in the community.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Overview of Sr. Member Advisor role GRADE: 7
Performs teller functions on an on-going, routine basis.
Performs new account and basic sales functions. Responsible to
cross sell, open, and maintain investment accounts to include Share
Certificates and IRAs. Requires completions of the Share
Certificate and IRA training and certification, and once complete,
proficiency in skills must be demonstrated.
Develops product and consumer loan knowledge. Must complete
training to process and disperse loan funds on approved loans, and
demonstrate a proficiency in these tasks through use of the
obtained skills within six month of hire date.
Senior Member Advisor
- (*Minimum of 6 to 12 months experience performing the following
member sales and services proficiently)
- Performs branch opening/closing activities.
- Educates members and prospective members of CU Products &
Services to include demonstrations of online and mobile banking
- Processes mortgage loan applications.
- Opens Business Accounts.
- Acts a branch mentor and role-model for all new hires.
- Promotes and attends Fortera-At-Work on-sight visits.
Key 3 Additional Responsibilities:
- Assists with leading and directing daily activities and branch
- Performs vault teller duties, check acceptance approval
- Obtains Fortera Financial Counseling Certification
- Member Advisor functions are efficiently, effectively, and
accurately performed in accordance with established policies,
standards, and security procedures.
- Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly reported and
- Cross sells all Credit Union products and services to include
- Meets or exceeds loan, deposit and referral performance goals
assigned by the Credit Union.
- Good business relations exist with internal and external
members. Members' problems or questions are courteously and
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area
personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to all CU
staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and
- Ensures the Credit Union's professional reputation is
maintained and conveyed.
- Maintains minimum established standards for member service
- Maintains minimum established share/draft ratio of 80%.
- Builds lasting relationships with members.
- Individual Sales and Service standards are met.
- Forteras core values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic
information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state
or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral &
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Good math skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to operate PC, related software applications and
standard office equipment.
- Must have the ability to work independently, as a team, and
handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work well under pressure while always promoting
a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Must be able to meet deadlines while maintaining and effective
and efficient workflow.
- Required to work at any Credit Union location that may include
extended hours, holidays or Saturdays.
Physical Activities and Requirements
Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of
lower extremities and back muscles.
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Using the upper body to press against something with steady
Using the upper body to draw, drag, haul or tug objects.
Use of the upper body and back muscles to lift objects.
Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or
important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive
Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as
typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists,
hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect
documents or products, or operate machinery.
Exerting up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in
a typical office).
Mental Activities and Requirements
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems
involving a few variables.
Ability to perform basic math skills and to use decimals to
compute ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5-6,000 words; to read at a
slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning,
spelling, and pronunciation.
Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation,
and use adjectives and adverbs.
Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word
order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months experience in Retail or Customer Service
related field. Knowledge of financial services industry