About Unity Psychiatric Care
Unity Psychiatric Care, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based
American Health Partners Inc., operates psychiatric hospitals in
Memphis, Clarksville, Columbia, and Martin, Tennessee, as well as
in Huntsville, Alabama. These hospitals specialize in treating
geriatrics who are experiencing a mental health crisis or
behavioral disturbances, including those caused by dementia. Unity
Psychiatric Care is building a new 48-bed psychiatric hospital in
Clarksville, Tennessee for adults slated to open in 2020. Services
will include a full range of diagnostic evaluation and behavioral
health treatments. For more information, visit UnityPsych.com
*** Day and Night Shifts Available -- 7:00 to 7:00 ***
Under general supervision, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
will provide a combination of nursing services, instruction, and
assessments throughout the hospital; to participate in a variety of
nursing assessments, direct patient care, and health education
services; and to do related work as required. The LPN is
accountable for the delivery of patient care within the standards,
policies, procedures and guidelines set forth by Unity, CMS, and
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : To perform this job, an individual must
perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a
* Supervise all resident/patient treatments.
* Assist physicians and the Director of Nursing in the treatment
and examination of patients.
* Perform administrative duties such as documenting nurses
notes, physicians orders, discharge plans, dietary changes,
reports, evaluations and studies.
* Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as
ordered by physician.
* Conduct and monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing
changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and
removal, laboratory work, etc. as assigned.
* Perform emergency procedures such as cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and
appropriate third parties.
* Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
* Admit, transfer and discharge patients.
Required Work Experience:
* Minimum of six (6) months experience in a hospital, long term
care facility or other health care institution.
* Completion of a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
* Current State Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license
* Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
* Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
* Travel required
* Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 50
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color,
religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other
characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The
Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation
* Technical/other training or better
Licenses & Certifications
* Licensed Practical Nurse
* CPI Certification
* CPR Certification