Posted on: August 17, 2019
Full time, Monday - Friday day shifts.
This position is located in Clarksville, TN
Food. Cooking. Creativity. Is this your life? Do you believe that
commitment unlocks unlimited potential? We are the perfect Company
to launch or further your career. We are all about great
ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration. Oh
yeah, we don't work weekends unless we are opening a new location
or kicking it at some cool industry event.
We encourage you to apply to our Cook opportunity and bring your
knowledge and passion of high-quality food and customer service to
our culinary program.
Produce visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer
standards. Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables,
desserts, or other foodstuffs as required. Serve customers during
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Effective collaborator in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to correctly and safely use standard kitchen equipment:
chef knives, convection ovens, rotating rack ovens, meat and cheese
slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills, and
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Possess current ServSafe or Food Handler certification or the
ability to be certified after hired.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #.
- Employee must be able to work on their feet 8.0 hours per day
- Employee must be able work under pressure and time deadlines
during peak periods.
- Season and cook food according to recipes and
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked
sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using
various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client
- Ability to use basic computer programs for inputting and
organizing data and menus.
- Comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles
Reporting to this position: None
Reports to: Food Service Manager or Executive Chef
FLSA status: Non-exempt, Hourly
Guckenheimer is a national foodservice management company that
pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace. We
encourage our team members to join in community events such as Chef
Ann Foundation to support the #RealSchoolFood campaign, promoting
cooking healthy meals with real ingredients at schools., Second
Harvest Food Bank, Girls on the Run, and many more community
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include
but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program,
dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day,
free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more.
Guckenheimer's own Learning Management System at your fingertips
and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to
enhance your career development in your new and exciting position
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by
Keywords: Guckenheimer, Clarksville , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!