Company: Graves County Schools
Posted on: May 19, 2023
*This position is for 4 hours five days per week
CLASS TITLE: Cook/Baker
Prepare, cook, bake and serve a variety of foods in quantity at an
assigned school site; assist in other food preparation duties as
directed; maintain facilities in a clean and sanitary condition;
train and provide work direction to others.
- Prepare and bake rolls, biscuits, breads, cakes, cookies and
other baked goods; prepare and combine necessary ingredients.
- Prepare and cook meat dishes, vegetables and other main dishes;
prepare salads, sandwiches, fruit, soups, sauces and other
- Assist in determining appropriate quantity of food items for
cooking and baking; adjust and extend recipes as needed; maintain
food quality standards including appearance, and nutritional
- Monitor temperatures of food to assure safety and quality
standards are met; monitor water temperatures to assure proper
temperature for sanitizing.
- Serve food according to established guidelines and replenish
serving containers as needed; serve and sell lunch items to
- Clean cafeteria equipment, utensils and appliances and store
food supplies; assure compliance with kitchen sanitation and safety
procedures and regulations; clean refrigerators and storerooms as
- Assist in storing unused food and supplies; dispose of unusable
leftovers; utilize proper methods of handing foods to be
- Operate a variety of standard kitchen utensils and equipment
including slicer, chopper, mixer, steamer, fryer, dishwasher,
electric warmer, range, oven, pressure cooker, cash register,
dishwasher and other cafeteria equipment as required.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Record amounts of food sold and monies collected as assigned;
assist with inventory and maintain routine records as directed;
prepare records of foods cooked and foods left over.
- Prepare and bake food for special events as needed; assist at
banquets or special events as required.
- Assist in other food service areas as needed; collect money and
make correct change.
- Punctual and regular attendance.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the Professional Code of Ethics.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation,
serving and storage.
- Sanitation and safety practices relate to handling, cooking,
baking and serving food.
- Methods of preparing and serving food in large quantities.
- Methods of adjusting and extending recipes and proper
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and
- Standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Basic math and cashiering skills.
- Prepare, cook, bake and serve a variety of foods in quantity at
as assigned food service facility.
- Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and sanitation
- Operate and maintain standard machines and equipment found in
school cafeterias and kitchens.
- Prepare attractive, appetizing and nutritious meals for
students and staff.
- Follow, adjust and extend recipes.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. .
- Maintain routine records.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Plan and organize work.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Make change accurately.
- Read and write at a level required for successful job
- Work confidentially with discretion.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance
with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Classified
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job
classification. These statements are not intended to be a complete
list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so assigned. Responsibilities and duties assigned are at the
discretion of the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma, GED Certificate
or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a GED as required by
Kentucky law and one year experience in cooking and baking food in
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Must complete training course for certification of beginning school
food personnel as prescribed in 702 KAR 6:045.
Keywords: Graves County Schools, Clarksville , Cook/Baker-4 hour, Hospitality & Tourism , Mayfield, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...