Company: PHOENIX PAPER WICKLIFFE LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
PHOENIX PAPER WICKLIFFE LLC - Wickliffe, KY
Phoenix Paper Wickliffe LLC is searching for qualified candidates
to assume the role of Shift Supervisor.
Summary: The Shift Supervisor will be responsible for leading one
of four mill production shifts across four departments in a 24/7
operation. This position will provide leadership, direction, skills
development, and performance management for the mill production
workforce. The Shift Supervisor will be jointly responsible for
safely achieving the performance metrics of the production units,
facilitating issue resolution across the mill, and continuously
improving production employee capabilities. This position reports
to the Shift Operations Leader and works closely with the
production area leadership teams to help deliver results.
The ideal candidate will have initiative, a strong sense of
urgency, possess solid interpersonal skills, and be effective at
building relationships across a diverse workgroup. The ideal
candidate will also have experience in multiple areas of a
pulp/paper manufacturing operation and will be able to coordinate,
prioritize, and execute multiple activities.
Key responsibilities of the Shift Supervisor position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
- Cultivate a work environment centered around employee ownership
- Display and promote safe work practices at all times up to and
including work stoppages in the event of unsafe work
- Participate with other Supervisors and Shift Operations Leader
at shift exchange discussions.
- Work with Shift Operations Leader and other Supervisors to meet
/ exceed department and mill metrics.
- Work with Shift Operations Leader to address performance issues
of individuals on shift that may require corrective action,
coaching, or disciplinary measures.
- Actively participate in safety, housekeeping, reliability,
production, and cost initiatives.
- Support the efforts of the Shift Operations Leader in the
efforts to improve the skills (technical, interpersonal, and
leadership) of mill wide production teams working closely with the
Production Area Leaders and Human Resource team.
- Ensure good coordination and utilization of shift maintenance
and shift production resources.
- Display and encourage Servant Leadership mentality in all
- Keep/Review time and attendance records for accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Shift Operations Leader.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate Degree or higher in Engineering or related field is
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership / supervisory experience,
including accountability for outcomes, in Pulp & Paper
manufacturing is required; experience working in a Paper Machine
department is highly preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Knowledge of multiple areas of a manufacturing operation and
the interaction between each area.
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial
- Ability and willingness to work a DuPont swing shift schedule,
including occasional vacation/sick coverage when needed.
- Ability to communicate and interact successfully with various
levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Servant Leadership discipline is
Phoenix Paper offers competitive wages & benefits packages that
include health, dental, life insurance, paid holidays, matching
401(k) & much more.
Phoenix Paper Wickliffe LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: PHOENIX PAPER WICKLIFFE LLC, Clarksville , Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Wickliffe, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!