Dining Services Supervisor
Company: Charter Senior Living of Clarksville
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Dining DirectorWhy Charter Senior Living?"I love that Charter
does not send us menus and tell us what we have to cook. I get to
cook what our residents love. Charter give use the resources to
thousands of recipes that give me the nutritional information. So I
can be free to be creative. When I prepare the residents favorites,
I see their smiles and know I am enhancing their lives through my
cooking. " -Charter Senior Living Associate Offering Health
Insurance for Full Time Associates Charter Benefits
- Competitive Wage.
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral BonusYour potential is unlimited. As a small
boutique company, we are committed to helping each of our
Associates have more than just a "job". We want each of our
associates to feel like they a career and an opportunity to grow.
Learn more about Charter and how you can become part of an
organization that is committed to the future of their
Associates.POSITION SUMMARY: The Dining Services Director is
directly responsible for establishing and maintaining all standards
of quality, conduct, customer service, and productivity within the
Dining Services Department. Maintain appropriate levels of staffing
and food/supplies inventories and work within established budget
guidelines. He/she must possess general knowledge in the following
areas of operation: productivity, costs and budgets, purchasing,
receiving, storing systems, preparation and serving techniques,
pilferage and portion control, personnel development, kitchen
sanitation and general management of Dining Services
Department.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, promote, and supervise a food service program that
exceeds the minimum of standards of quality and customer service of
the community and accommodates the broad spectrum of tastes,
interests and personal therapeutic requirements of the resident
- Continuously monitor and appropriately address the resident
population for shifts in preferences, values and attitudes using
personal interviews, approved surveys, resident committees,
suggestion boxes, etc.
- Establish, document, direct and assist in general kitchen and
dining room sanitation procedures, preparing schedules for all
shifts for all kitchen and dining room staff and post in their work
- Coordinate with activity director and other supervisory
personnel, for any special functions or needs of residents.
- Create weekly menus based on the preferences and needs of the
- Order all food, supplies and equipment for the dining service
program while working within budget.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner and assist with production
or service lines.
- Recruit, hire, train, discipline and supervise a full
complement of staff.
- Follow all health department practices, safety practices, and
infection control practices.
- Store all food, label and date accordingly. Keep storage areas
clean and organized.
- Always maintain a professional attitude. Handle all resident
concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite, and
professional manner.OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a Serve Safe Certified if necessary, per state
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with elderly
- Previous experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Preferred proficiency in English. Must be able to routinely
follow written and verbal instructions.
- Attend in-services monthly required for position.
- Push, pull, and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, and bend for periods of up
to eight hours with breaks as provided for in the employee
- All offers of employment are subject to passing background
check.Equal Opportunity EmployerCORE VALUESTo Serve with HeartTo
Serve with PurposeTo Serve with CourageTo Have Fun While
Keywords: Charter Senior Living of Clarksville, Clarksville , Dining Services Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!