CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECH
Company: Williamson Medical Center
Posted on: May 21, 2019
Williamson Medical Center is hiring a Certified Pharmacy Tech in
Franklin, TN. This is a full time position working evenings. The
shift will rotate between 12p-8:30p, 2:30p-11p, and 3:30p-Midnight
and will work every fourth weekend as well as rotate holidays. This
position is eligible for an excellent benefit package offering
medical, dental, vision, paid time off, flexible spending accounts,
voluntary life, short-term disability and long-term disability,
discounted membership to Williamson County Recreation Centers and
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just
another number. To us, they're family. They're smart, talented,
compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We're
certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from
the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so
must we. That's why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and
distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and maintenance
of records. Pharmacy technicians work only under the supervision of
a registered pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can
legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist.
Formal Education / Training:
High school diploma or equivalent. College courses desirable but
not required. Valid state pharmacy technician registration.
Certification from Pharmacy Technician Training Course and/or
Pharmacy Technician Certification required/and or proof that
certification is in progress. Hospital Pharmacy technician work
experienced preferred. Experience in health-care environment
Equipment and Skills Training:
Meditech Pharmacy Module computer system, medication pre-packing
equipment, laminar airflow hood, IV fluid pumps, printers, FAX
multi-lined telephones, calculator, copier, automated dispensing
systems (Pyxis, Omnicell, etc.), controlled substance manager and
other pharmacy specific equipment. Typing skills and personal
Work takes place primarily inside hospital pharmacy with numerous
trips to various medication storage areas in the hospital. Must be
able to work effectively in a high stress work environment.
View and accurately type on a computer terminal for at least a two
hour period. Competently work in a seated position for a two hour
period. Efficiently communicate both orally and in writing. Safely
and efficiently stand, stoop, bend, reach and lift in order to
maintain the department equipment and supplies. Push wheeled carts
weighing approximately twenty pounds to nursing units. Must have
the ability to remain mentally alert and maintain concentration
with attention to detail for prolonged periods,
Potential for exposure to hazardous and toxic substances (including
chemotherapeutic, cytotoxic drugs and cleaning solutions), sticks
or cuts by needles and other sharp items. Potential for
musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and carrying techniques
are not used.
Must practice WMC's Standards of Performance Service Guidelines and
Standards. Must be sensitive to the needs of patients, families,
visitors, co-workers and staff. Must possess an extremely pleasant,
courteous and helpful attitude; excellent communication skills and
the ability to work closely and cooperatively with others is
required. Ability to work cooperatively with hospital and pharmacy
staff. Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to
changes in workload and work schedule. Ability to set priorities
and solve problems. Fosters a team environment by providing
orientation and training to new team members. Ability to
communicate effectively (verbal and written). Ability to meet the
pharmaceutical care needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent,
adult, geriatric, obstetric, and oncology.
- Contributes to the effective operation of the department.
--- Picks up medications for return from patient care areas when on
- Enters charges and credits for patient medications
- Generates reports, pick lists and labels as required.
- Answers the telephone, identifying self and department. Directs
calls to appropriate personnel.
- Answers requests at the window and makes STAT deliveries to
patient care areas when requested.
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments.
- Maintains logs, records and other required documentation
accurately. Files in appropriate location.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication.
- Keeps pharmacy area clean, neat and well-organized.
2 Procures and distributes drug orders,
pharmacist request or prearranged work
assignment to established policies,
procedures and protocols, and within
specified amount of time.
--- Identifies and fills replacement medications on emergency crash
carts, OR carts and floor stock accurately.
- Prepares sterile products accurately.
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care areas
- Fills ADMs stock and delivers to patient areas
- Fills non-ADM items and delivers to nursing units
- Fills surgery trays, OB and Nursery trays accurately and on a
- Completes Nursing Unit Inspection on time.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities of the
--- Completes all assigned medication storage area inspections in a
- Conducts quality monitors, collects data and completes
documentation as assigned.
- Maintains competency required for current job
--- Participates in education and training programs. Reviews
literature and other materials as assigned.
- Completes all competency/skills assessment
- TB Skin Test is up to date.
- Competent in automation related equipment procedures.
- Competent in IV preparation procedures.
- Properly pulls medication for tube delivery to floors.
- Checks daily ADM out of dates from print out.
- Performance Criteria/Standards
--- Is punctual and dependable; reports to work as
- Absenteeism and tardiness are within policy
- Displays a team environment by providing orientation and
training to new team members. Assists co-workers in tasks, as time
- Contributes to the overall knowledge or the team by proactively
obtaining cross training
- Works efficiently - self-starter - starts work promptly. Does
not waste time; does not disturb others; takes the initiative to
find additional work when assigned work has been
- Exhibits flexibility regarding work assignments and work
schedule. Available to work overtime as appropriate.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Keywords: Williamson Medical Center, Clarksville , CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECH, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!