Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN - Days
Company: Unity Psychiatric Care - Clarksville LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN - Days with 12K SIGN-ON BONUS
About Unity Psychiatric Care Unity Psychiatric Care, a division of
Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc., operates
psychiatric hospitals in Memphis, Clarksville, Columbia, and
Martin, Tennessee, as well as in Huntsville, Alabama. These
hospitals specialize in treating geriatrics who are experiencing a
mental health crisis or behavioral disturbances, including those
caused by dementia. Unity Psychiatric Care is building a new 48-bed
psychiatric hospital in Clarksville, Tennessee for adults slated to
open soon. Services will include a full range of diagnostic
evaluation and behavioral health treatments. For more information,
visit . POSITION SUMMARY: New Competitive Wages $12,000 Sign On
Bonus 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Under general supervision, the Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) will provide a combination of nursing
services, instruction, and assessments throughout the hospital; to
participate in a variety of nursing assessments, direct patient
care, and health education services; and to do related work as
required. The LPN is accountable for the delivery of patient care
within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines set forth
by Unity, CMS, and Licensure Standards. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To
perform this job, an individual must perform each essential
function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable
- Supervise all resident/patient treatments.
- Assist physicians and the Director of Nursing in the treatment
and examination of patients.
- Perform administrative duties such as documenting nurses'
notes, physicians' orders, discharge plans, dietary changes,
reports, evaluations and studies.
- Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as
ordered by physician.
- Conduct and monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing
changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and
removal, laboratory work, etc. as assigned.
- Perform emergency procedures such as cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and
appropriate third parties.
- Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients. Required Work
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in a hospital, long term
care facility or other health care institution.
- Completion of a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Current State Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license Other
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required Physical Requirements:
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Our Organization does not discriminate
based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran
status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state,
and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a
request for an accommodation be made. Education Preferred
- Technical/other training or better Licenses & Certifications
- Licensed Practical NursePreferred
- CPI Certification
- CPR Certification
Keywords: Unity Psychiatric Care - Clarksville LLC, Clarksville , Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN - Days, Healthcare , Adams, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!