Registered Nurse - RN
Company: AHC Waverly
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Weekend Incentive Program with $12,000 Bonus AHC-American Health
Communities is a network of 29 skilled nursing and rehab
facilities. We treat patients recovering from illness, injury or
surgery and provide daily care for long-term residents. Our parent
company, American Health Partners, is a multifaceted company with
operations in seven states. Come grow with us! WEEKEND DEFINED: The
weekend begins on Saturday AM shift and ends when the Sunday PM
shift is completed on Monday morning. REQUIREMENTS FOR WEEKEND
- Must sign up for the weekend incentive program and agree to
work every Saturday and Sunday.
- The Saturday/Sunday weekend incentive position is considered
regular part-time. Earns PTO at 1/2 the accrual rate of a full-time
employee which averages to approximately 2 weekends off per year.
- Qualifies for full time benefits if signed up for and works at
least one 12 hour scheduled day per week. The extra day must be the
same day and shift each week and is scheduled each week.
- Qualifies for full time benefits if signed up for 16 hour
shifts on weekend incentive program.
- May also earn shift differential if working PM to AM qualifying
- Limited Availability: The facility Administrator and DON will
determine the total number of slots the facility has available for
the weekend incentive program. The number will not be exceeded.
- Fails to work both days of the weekend; Saturday and Sunday,
unless scheduled for PTO.
- May be removed from the weekend incentive program by the DON or
Administrator if absent days exceed two occurrences in any 12-month
period or for excessive tardiness. POSITION SUMMARY We are looking
for a compassionate registered nurse (RN) who leads by example,
knows how to motivate others and promotes teamwork. Our charge
nurses make a difference in the lives of our residents and patients
by developing relationships with them and ensuring they get the
best care possible. The registered nurse (RN) shall direct the
day-to-day functions of the Aides/Orderlies and other staff being
supervised, as well as give direct nursing care to patients. If you
enjoy leading a team that's focused on making life better for
others, we want you to join our AHC staff. As a registered nurse,
your skills will be rewarded with competitive pay, generous
benefits and opportunities to expand your capabilities and advance
in your career. In this role, you'll provide personalized health
care to residents and supervise other caregivers to ensure the
comfort and safety of those we serve. Typical daily tasks include:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of nursing aides, LPNs and
other staff being supervised.
- Give direct nursing care to patients.
- Visit all assigned patients at regular intervals during tour of
- Supervise feeding of patients as necessary.
- Notify physician when patient's condition warrants.
- Perform administrative duties, such as documenting of:
- Nurses' notes, Doctors' orders, Discharge plans, Dietary
changes, Reports, Evaluations, Studies, Billing and other charge
slips, miscellaneous forms, charts, etc.
- Chart pertinent facts and information in a professional, clear
and comprehensive manner.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients according to
- Recognize and respond to changes in patients' conditions and
document observations, interventions and outcomes.
- Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as
ordered by physician.
- Ensure that physicians sign off on all verbal orders and
- Conduct and/or monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing
changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and
removal, laboratory work, etc.
- Give and receive condition report from the on-coming and
- Perform emergency procedures, such as cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and
appropriate other parties.
- Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when
- Monitor and update care plans on each shift as
- Supervise and participate in fire safety and other disaster
drills and be prepared to carry out duties in the event on an
- Recognize, intervene and/or report complaints and grievances
from patients, families, visitors and employees.
- Monitor the facility for possible health and safety
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and
other information relating to patients, employees and facility.
- Follow the established universal precautions and isolation
- Update daily census report and submit as required.
- Attend and participate in orientation programs, on-going
training and educational classes.
- Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assist in updates of written policies and procedures of routine
- Participate in surveys made by authorized government
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients.
- Monitor and participate in daily clean-up of the nurses'
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor. WORK
EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Registered
- Current State of Tennessee Registered Nursing License OTHER
- Communication skills and active listening
- Possess good interpersonal skills while dealing with emotional
or difficult situations. Respond promptly to customer's needs
- Some travel may be required REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- New graduates accepted EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Our
Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s)
protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will
also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Licenses & Certifications Required
Keywords: AHC Waverly, Clarksville , Registered Nurse - RN, Healthcare , Erin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!