Registered Nurse Baylor
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Provides, coordinates, and directs the provision of home nursing
care according to physician's orders based on agency policies and
procedures, through the competent application of the nursing
- Demonstrates knowledge of home care and competency in
discipline specific patient care skills, required by the care
center for the provision of patient care.
- May be assigned RN visits as member of care team, and/or may be
required to supervise a patient caseload, including LPN's and
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments, as assigned, and
collaborates with patient multidisciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST,
MSW and paraprofessionals) and other health care professionals to
develop/modify and implement an individualized plan of care as per
physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge planning
and achieves desired outcomes and goals.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by
communicating information (for example, changes in the plan of
care, new orders, lab results, etc) timely, effectively and
systematically with all team members providing care to the patient.
Facilitates interdisciplinary communication and follow-up through
care coordination on assigned patients and/or caseload of patients
for duration they are on service.
- Provides patient episode management per company protocol.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patient's needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
- Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up and
care center performance improvement initiatives.
- Initiates, plans and provides staff education and performs
competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
- Utilizes accepted company teaching materials in patient/family
- Regularly communicates patient progress to the clinical
- Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the point of
care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines,
including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications,
ABN's, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordination,
- Performs other duties as assigned.State Specific Essential
Functions:Refer to the Registered Nurse State Matrix click
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to the state(s) the employee is assigned to work/cover for
the company. May possess either a single state license in each
non-compact state and/or a compact license in their state of
residence that is accepted in all Nurse License Compact (NLC)
- Nurse License Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual
recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one
license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other
states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's
practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC
state to be eligible to have a multistate license. See list of
Nurse Licensure Compact States (NLC).
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
(RN). If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN, candidate
must be approved by VP Clinical.*
- Current CPR certification.
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements
relative to age specific needs.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet;
e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting
programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation
buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services
and online training programs.
- Note - If less than 6 months clinical experience as a RN,
candidate must participate in RN Intern programState Specific
Qualifications:Refer to the Registered Nurse State Matrix click
HERE.Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys, Clarksville , Registered Nurse Baylor, Healthcare , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...