Team Builder RN Plus
Company: West Tennessee Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
JOB SUMMARY/SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, responsible for
providing quality patient care using the nursing process, the
direction of other nursing staff, and the operation of assigned
shift as needed. Employee is subject to call back and overtime as
required by the hospital.
+ Performs initial patient assessment utilizing the nursing process
and age specific needs, prescribes plan of care for each patient,
updating as necessary, and confers with other shifts and
departments to promote continuity of care.
+ Documents initial assessment, delivery of patient care, and other
pertinent information in patient's medical record; monitors
documentation of other personnel.
+ Coordinates and performs bedside care of patients; performs,
assists, or delegates with skilled procedures.
+ Administers or supervises administration of scheduled and PRN
medications, intravenous fluids, blood, and blood products.
+ Ensures the proper segregation and safe disposal of hazardous
+ Informs physician of patient's general condition, and pertinent
physical and emotional findings, and assists the physician with
treatments, examinations, and/or patient rounds when indicated.
+ Assists in supervision of patient care given by nursing
personnel; evaluates standards of patient care daily on assigned
shift; makes assignments appropriate to patient acuity and
competency of staff; and supervises and verifies accurate
transcription of orders as required.
+ Appropriately prioritizes physician's orders.
+ Communicates with patient and his/her family and collaborates
with other disciplines for providing emotional support, teaching,
and discharge planning.
+ Checks emergency equipment and drugs on unit each shift as
assigned or required.
+ Performs as primary care giver, team leader, or charge nurse when
assigned, delegating responsibilities to supportive personnel
assigned to each unit.
+ Assists in orientation of new personnel to unit and serves as a
role model as required.
+ Communicates information regarding patients and unit operation to
other shifts and managers and uses proper channels of communication
to other departments of the hospital.
+ Communicates information or provides assistance to ambulance
personnel, law enforcement agencies, community agencies, allied
health groups, or support groups in accordance with unit
+ Performs related responsibilities as required or directed.
+ Completion of a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate degree in
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse as approved by the State
Board of Nursing verifying eligibility to practice in the state of
- Responsible for Continuing Education Units annually.
- BLS certification must be obtained within the first 30 days of
employment, and certification must be kept current while in this
- In Critical Care areas, ACLS and PALS certification must be
obtained within the first year of employment, and certification
must be kept current.
- Certification in area of clinical expertise by recognized
authoritative agency desirable.
- Additional certifications may be required at department's
+ One year current hospital experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill and proficiency in the principles, concepts, and techniques
of the nursing profession as normally acquired through the
completion of a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate degree in
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of the hospital and
completion of skills check sheet for designated areas as acquired
through 3 month probationary period.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be WTH credentialed in skills as outlined in the TeamBuilder
Plus work agreement. These credentials must be kept current.
- Interpersonal skills to perform nursing treatments and procedures
and provide instruction, comfort, and support in interactions with
patients and their families.
- Communication skills needed for frequent contact with unit staff,
medical staff, administration, other hospital departments, and
+ Uses proper channels of communication.
- Contributes to a positive work environment and the overall team
effort of the department.
+ Ability to assign, monitor, and evaluate the performance of unit
+ Acts as charge nurse of unit when assigned.
- Ability to perform frequent moderate to heavy lifting and
transporting of patients and equipment.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking on a continuous
+ May be exposed to communicable diseases and bio-hazardous
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Works well under pressure.
- Understands patient satisfaction is a top priority and is
flexible and accommodating to meet the patient's needs and protect
- Understands and adheres to West Tennessee Healthcare's compliance
standards as they appear in the Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct,
and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Assumes responsibility for insuring continued professional
- The employee is expected to adhere to all WTH policies and
Requisition ID: 2022-50152
External Company URL: https://www.wth.org/careers/
Street: 161 Mt Pelia Road
*F-Location Name w/o External ID: Volunteer Hospital
*F-Location Name w/o External ID: Clinical Services
Keywords: West Tennessee Healthcare, Clarksville , Team Builder RN Plus, Healthcare , Martin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!