Speech Language Pathologist
Company: SunCrest Home Health - Clarksville TN
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Company Overview: The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP, ST) in
Home Health is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of
patient care needs related to treating speech and language
disorders, and functional training in communication, swallowing,
and cognitive impairments. Based on this assessment and evaluation,
the Speech Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan,
performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the
patient's well-being, and evaluates the patient's progress.
-Suncrest Home Health, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: -It's all about
helping people. - -Benefits and More
- Generous PTO - that you can use!
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision packages available within 30
- 401(k) Match Program
- Continuing Education
- Rapid Career Advancement Opportunities
- Internal promotions with a career plan
- All-encompassing Orientation and Fast Track option for Home
Care experienced clinicians
- Great Culture - join our family! Essential Functions:
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Evaluates the patient's level of function by applying
diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests. Assists the
physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Treats patients to communicate effectively by expressing
thoughts according to the patient's condition using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the
- Instructs the patient, the family and/or caregiver and other
members of the health care team in areas of speech therapy in which
they can participate.
- Visits patient according to plan of treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the ST plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-services to agency staff upon request of
- Sends the supervising nurse and/or the physician a written
summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
Education & Experience: License Requirements
- Must be currently licensed in Speech Therapy in the state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation. -Equal
Opportunity Employer - vets, disability. -Must be fully vaccinated
or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and
proof of vaccination will be required. - If permitted by state law,
the company will consider requests for religious or medical
Keywords: SunCrest Home Health - Clarksville TN, Clarksville , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!