LPN - Med Surg Unit 1
Company: Jackson Purchase Medical Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The LPN shall perform the nursing process within the scope of
his/her practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Assessment,
treatment performance, medication administration, monitoring of
medication effects, education and the evaluation of the
effectiveness of the nursing care of patients, as well as
performing the orders of the Physician related to the provision of
that care will be within those duties. The LPN works under the
supervision of the Registered Nurse in performing the care of all
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential
information concerning the financial, personal, medical, or
employment status of patients/families at JPMC.
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients
- Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate
- Must participate in safety instructional programs.
- Performs the components of the nursing process of observation,
reporting, and documenting patient's physiological and behavioral
- Directs patient care, including vital signs, personal hygiene,
dietary needs and ambulation.
- Assesses critical changes and notifies the Supervisor and
- Accurately charts with attention to medical/legal
- Informs physician of changing status of patient's condition and
assists physician in assessments and procedures; known terminology,
therapy, and techniques for emergency procedures.
- Charts accurate findings, utilizes the nursing process with
medical/implications. Accurately controls and records narcotics
assigned to the unit.
- Accurately administers medication and accurately administers IV
therapy. Records and carries out physician orders.
- Admits and discharges patients, follows the established plan of
care using the nursing process and a multidisciplinary approach
which incorporates the patient's correct stage of growth and
development for the neonate, child, adult and geriatric
- Uses cardiac monitors appropriately. Maintains current CPR
- Performs patient care safely and follows established policies
and procedures or standards of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
High school diploma or GED required. Must be a graduate from a LPN
University/College Program be a Kentucky State
Licensed/Certified/Registered LPN and CPR/BLS certified. IV therapy
certified preferred. Previous experience in acute care all age
groups preferred. Required skills include; organizational, customer
relations, math, grammar/spelling, computer training, the ability
to follow written and oral direction, the ability to read, write,
speak, and understand English.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Jackson Purchase Medical Center, Clarksville , LPN - Med Surg Unit 1, Healthcare , Mayfield, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!