Home Health - Speech Therapist - PRN
Company: Aveanna Healthcare
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Speech Therapist is responsible for the delivery of quality
patient care according to the patient's individual physician
orders. Care may involve assessments, administering prescribed
treatments and therapies, care planning, communication with other
members of the patients' multi-disciplinary team, supply
management, emergency management, coordination of care, health
promotion and teaching and training family members.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide Speech Therapy services as prescribed by the
- Follow policies and procedures and conforms to all applicable
patient care standards, licensure regulations and state laws.
- Provide a written evaluation defining Speech Therapy needs,
goals and expected outcomes in conjunction with referring
physician's Plan of Treatment.
- Provide a written Plan of Care for Speech Therapy goals and
- Maintains the plan of care for assigned patients according to
identified Speech Therapy goals and outcomes.
- Participate in coordination of services (including discharge
planning), with health care team, physicians, parent/guardians,
nurses, and others.
- Maintain patient and company confidentiality.
- Maintain effective communication between staff, health care
team members, and family.
- Serves as a resource consultant for clinical staff.
- Provide physicians and Aveanna with written evaluation of
patient's needs, goals, and progress.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an ASHA
- Current and unrestricted SLP license to practice in the state
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation
and compliance with policies and procedures
Additional state specific requirements:
- Continuing Education as required by state
- One (1) year of recent experience as a Speech Language
Pathologist in an acute care setting
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional
boundaries at all times
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Good organization and communication skills
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching,
- Must be able to sit and climb stairs
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move
equipment without assistance
- Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally
to emergency situations in the home or during transport
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments
which may involve exposure to allergens and other various
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and
Employees Residing in CaliforniaHHHNotice for Job Applicants
Residing in California
Keywords: Aveanna Healthcare, Clarksville , Home Health - Speech Therapist - PRN, Healthcare , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!