RN - ER
Company: Jackson Purchase Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Jackson Purchase Medical CenterThe Registered Nurse shall be
responsible for planning, supervising and evaluating the nursing
care of patients and for correlating the nursing process, the
medical plan of care and policies.
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential
information concerning the financial, personal, medical or
employment status of patients/families at JPMC.
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients
- Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate
- Must participate in safety instructional programs.
- Assesses patient needs and develops a plan of care as
identified by patient, nursing, physician and family
- Updates plan of care to meet the patient needs.
- Performs patient teaching in a planned and systematic manner
according to the standards of care to include test, procedures,
equipment, medications, and disease management.
- Recognizes and assesses patient needs related to cultural and
- Assesses critical changes in patient condition. Takes action
and notifies physician appropriately.
- Recognizes patient/family social and psychological problems as
well as physiological.
- Plans care appropriate to the individual patient.
- Documents response to care or treatment including any adverse
- Uses standards of care appropriately utilizing nursing
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to assess a situation,
considers alternatives, and chooses the appropriate course of
- Admits and discharges patients, establishes a base line for
plan of care in the hospital and on discharge, with appropriate
teaching to patient/family.
- Directs patient care, including vital signs, personal hygiene,
dietary needs and ambulation.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize patient care and delegate
care based on patient needs and skill of staff.
- Understand the range of treatment needed by specific age group
including the infant/neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and
- Have knowledge of critical care and/or emergency care
procedures including cardiac and trauma. Must be able to implement
training in those specialized areas.
- Must have knowledge and competency to monitor and interpret EKG
and telemetry strips.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competency to recognize critical
abnormal lab values and to notify the physician.
- Demonstrate the ability and competency to set up and assist the
physician with invasive procedures and perform posts procedure
monitoring and care of the patient.
- Must have ACLS and PALS training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job
Requirements:Qualifications - ExternalAssociates degree in nursing
required, Bachelor's Degree in nursing preferred. Must be a
Kentucky State Registered Nurse with ACLS certification, CPR/BLS
certification, and PALS certification. NRP certification preferred.
Previous experience with acute, pediatric, adult, and geriatric
care preferred.Basic required skills include organizational,
customer relations, math, grammar/spelling, computer training, the
ability to follow written and oral direction, and the ability to
read, write, speak, and understand English.LifePoint Health is
committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all
applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws
prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for
employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national
origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Jackson Purchase Medical Center, Clarksville , RN - ER, Healthcare , Mayfield, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!