Medical Receptionist/Front Desk
Company: Pain Management Centers of America
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Under general supervision, greets patients, coordinates required
paperwork and processes patient appointments.PRINCIPAL
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt and helpful manner.
Provides direction, information and other assistance to patients as
- Provides appropriate forms to patient for completion and
signature. If necessary, provides instructions and materials.
- Inputs and/or verifies information in EHR system to ensure
accuracy and/or receipt of the patient, referring physician,
insurance, and exam data.
- Collects the appropriate fees from the patients as determined
by the insurance provided, if any. Makes correct change, when
necessary, and generates a receipt for payment.Reviews scheduled
patient appointments and may contact patients, via telephone, to
confirm appointment date, time, and location. Advises the patient
of any preparations required for the procedure, when necessary.
- Schedules patient exams based upon physician and facility
availability. Orders labs as necessary.
- Answers phones in a pleasant manner and handles patient needs
timely and appropriately.
- Maintains adequate level of office supplies. Ensures office
equipment is operating properly and contacts appropriate party for
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly waiting area.
- May perform back-up duties, as necessary.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to keyboard
- Previous experience as a receptionist in a medical
- Previous experience in a healthcare settingThis company is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to age, race, religion, color, handicap,
sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual
orientation, national origin or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. This policy shall include, but is
not limited to, the following: recruitment and employment,
promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for
training, layoff and termination.We maintain an alcohol and
drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing and
background verification checks as permitted by state lawJob Type:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftExperience:
- Medical receptionist: 1 year (Required)Work Location: One
Keywords: Pain Management Centers of America, Clarksville , Medical Receptionist/Front Desk, Healthcare , Paducah, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!