REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - CASE MANAGER
Company: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow. At Southern
Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our
surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by
providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We
offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an
environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that
everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb
efforts and dedication of our employees. As a non-profit system of
almost 4000 employees in Carbondale, IL, we have won national
acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging,
and rehabilitation services. The RN Clinical Case Manager is
responsible for the day to day activities of case management.
Performs concurrent patient assessment related to appropriateness
of the level of care, diagnosis, procedures performed, discharge
needs, and intervenes to expedite the patient's plan of care.
- Performs concurrent patient assessment related to
appropriateness of the level of care, diagnosis, procedures
performed, and intervenes to expedite the patient's plan of
- Maintains competency in InterQual criteria.
- Collaborate with social work team to address social issues that
affect a safe, effective discharge plan.
- Provides and documents discharge planning services in a
professional, collaborative and timely manner to optimize meeting
patients' posthospital discharge care needs.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to assess,
monitor, implement and evaluate patient care needs during the
hospital stay in order to smoothly transition the patient to the
next level of care.
- Utilizes evidence-based practice standards to guide the
evaluation of care, length of stay, medical necessity of services,
and appropriate use of organizational and patient centered
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with
organizations in the community that facilitate provision of
appropriate care during the hospital stay and facilitate efficient
and effective planning for continued care for the patient.
- Collaborates with necessary staff and post-discharge care
providers to assure a safe and effective discharge plan.
- Facilitates care conferences with patient and/or family support
structure and healthcare team to foster decision making that
promotes patient advocacy.
- Supports Service Excellence initiatives contributing to the
organization becoming a top performer in quality care, patient
safety and patient satisfaction strategies.
- Understands and applies techniques to support the provision of
population based appropriate care utilizing Joint Commission
standards, CMS Core Measure requirements, and other best
- Acts as an expert resource to the interdisciplinary healthcare
team, physicians and other leaders: Participates in
interdisciplinary team meetings in a collaborative manner resulting
in achievement of best patient outcomes.
Participates actively in departmental and hospital wide teams,
committees, or other improvement. Qualifications
- Associate's degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- Technical Experience: 3 years #PIQnursingPandoLogic. Keywords:
Medical Case Manager, Location: Paducah, KY - 42001
Keywords: Southern Illinois Healthcare, Clarksville , REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - CASE MANAGER, Healthcare , Paducah, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!