Company: Austin Peay State University
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and
If temporary, list duration
Type of Appointment
Position Summary Information
The TECTA Manager reports to the TECTA Director and is responsible
for building, promoting, and growing the TECTA Early Childhood
Apprenticeship (TECAP) and High School Child Development Associate
(CDA) program in addition to administering the TECTA non-credit
Austin Peay State University is a four-year public, doctoral-level
university, with six colleges and four Chairs of Excellence. The
University has an enrollment of over 9,000 students and is located
in Clarksville, Tennessee, a community of an estimated 166,000
people located approximately 40 miles northwest of Nashville,
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and promote the TECTA Early Childhood Apprenticeship
Program (TECAP). This includes recruiting, conducting interviews
with potential apprentices, and coordinating placements in Early
childhood programs within the region.
- Build and promote the TECTA Child Development Associate (CDA)
by developing relationships with public school districts and
recruiting high schools to participate in the initiative.
- Attend community events, career fairs, conferences, and other
events that offer the opportunity to promote TECTA
- Meet regularly with TECTA director to share ideas and progress
- Administer and teach the TECTA non-credit coursework using
statewide TECTA curriculum for specified specialty areas.
- Conduct on-site visits for CDA students to provide technical
assistance, advisement and assessment.
- Implement TECTA Statewide Early Childhood Initiatives.
- Promote TECTA communications through newsletters, website(s),
targeted mailings, on-site visits, phone calls, personal contacts,
etc., to recruit students and advance the early childhood
- Collect and report weekly and monthly data to TECTA
- Provide leadership and support to child care providers, early
childhood organizations and partner agencies through committee
membership, conference presentations, technical assistance and
related special projects at the local, state and national
- Attend professional development training through local, state
and national organizations/agencies to stay abreast of early
childhood trends and issues.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to travel within in eleven county region and
occasionally statewide. Candidates for this position must be able
to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while in
- Ability to work as part of a team and to communicate
effectively with the TECTA Director on a daily basis.
- Familiarity with the National Association for the Education of
Young Children's (NAEYC) and their professional standards and
competencies for Early Childhood Educators.
- Ability to think critically and make informed decisions.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and
associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and SungardHE
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, in
writing and in presentations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with
diverse populations, the University community and the public.
- Ability to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors
in written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively implement the TECTA Orientation Program
and Statewide Early Childhood Initiatives.
- Ability to accurately interpret national and state child care
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weeknights and
- Ability to stand for approximately 3 hours at a time during
- Ability to lift up to 25 points
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Master's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child
Development, Child and Family Studies, Family and Consumer
Sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of
early childhood education. Teaching experience in an early
childhood classroom is preferred.
- Experience with recruiting, marketing, and program development
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- A background check will be required of the successful
- An official transcript and names, emails, mailing addresses,
and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required for the
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An official transcript will be required of the selected candidate
before the candidate will be offered a position. So as to not delay
the interview process for this position, You will not be able to
modify your application after it has been submitted. Grant-Funded
Position. Continuation is contingent upon availability of
Keywords: Austin Peay State University, Clarksville , TECTA Manager, Executive , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!