Company: Marquette Transportation Company
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Title: Purchasing Manager*
*Position: Full-time Salaried Exempt*
*Reports to: Director of Purchasing*
*Location: Paducah, KY*
*About Marquette: *
Headquartered in Paducah, Kentucky and founded in 1978, Marquette
is a leading provider of inland marine transportation services. Our
Company operates over 130 towboats on the Mississippi River System,
Gulf-Intracoastal Waterway, and near-shore coastwise market. In
addition, the Company controls over 1,000 dry cargo barges. The
Company has additional offices in St Rose, LA, Lockport, LA and La
Porte, TX. With over 1,500 vessel and shore-based employees,
Marquette is the largest provider of independent towing services
within the inland waterways. We are the _only_ fully integrated
fleet in the industry that can do what we do.
*Principal Responsibilities: *
* Responsible for product tracking from inception of order to
delivery at site.
* Follows-up and researches purchase order discrepancies to
expedite product receipt and payment.
* Arranges vendor contracts, bargains for best costs and terms, and
observes quality of purchased materials.
* Confirms purchase orders with vendors including price, delivery
date, minimum order quantity, etc.
* Track's purchase orders and updates the delivery date on a real
time basis, including updating ETA sheets.
* Expedites purchase orders to ensure supplier on-time delivery by
closely working with the supplier.
* Closely works with the warehouse and receiving teams to ensure
the on-time receiving and accurate on-hand inventory records.
* Maintains accurate data in our systems and purchasing
* Works with the Accounting team to eliminate invoice
* Administers requisitions and purchases.
* Assists department in cost effective decisions related to
* Determines potential areas of cost savings and recommends
standardization of vendors/purchases when beneficial to the
* Meets with vendors and maintains vendor information.
* Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in
distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies during
absence of Purchasing Manager.
* Assists with other functions and/or projects as assigned.
* Comply with the company Safety Management System in support of
continual improvement and management objectives
* Working knowledge of various computer programs and software.
* Oral and written communication, interpersonal skills.
* Organizational skills with specific attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* 2+ years of purchasing experience preferred.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* MCFO experience preferred.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills.
*Marquette offers competitive pay, health, dental & vision
insurance, 401K plan with company match, bonus plan, company paid
life insurance, short- & long-term disability, flexible spending
account, critical illness, accident insurance, and other
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Paducah, KY 42001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* What is your desired salary range?
* Purchasing: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Marquette Transportation Company, Clarksville , Purchasing Manager, Executive , Paducah, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!