Assistant Branch Manager Hopkinsville, KY
Company: Fortera Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Salary Range: Up to $31.39/hr. Depending on experience.*
The Assistant Branch Manager will supervise daily branch operations
while planning, scheduling, and supervising branch personnel.
Provides operational leadership for areas of the branch including
accountability for attainment of key operational metrics and
employee goal performance. Schedules branch employees to maintain
an efficient staffing model to maximize resources and ensure
outstanding member service. Compliant with all policies and
procedures, meeting or exceeding all branch goals and objectives,
while maintaining professionalism in the workplace. This position
reports directly to the Market Manager and indirectly to the
Director of Branch Operations.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES*
*Assumes responsibility for the day to day supervision of Branch
* Directs and schedules branch activities.
* Trains employees in sound operations/lending practice and member
financial education techniques.
* Coaches to develop staff performance to meet or exceed all sales
and service goals and objectives.
* Assists Market Manager in conducting employment interviews,
hiring, training, developing, directing, scheduling, and evaluating
all assigned branch employees.
* Assists Market Manager in planning and organizing of branch
outbound sales call efforts and participates in calling events.
* Communicates regularly and partners with the Market Manager to
plan and support sales and marketing activities. Supports and
maintains all assigned branch objectives.
* Prepares, analyzes, and controls all required logs. Completes
required reports, maintains accurate records and ensures that
Branch functions are properly documented and retained.
* Monitors and oversees the ATM and TCD performance
* Maintains a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including Bank
Secrecy and Anti-Money Laundering laws appropriate to the
* Assist members as necessary including processing loan
applications, opening new accounts and handling member
transactions, inquiries and complaints.
* Plans and participates in meetings to ensure proper information
flow among management and staff.
* Conducts branch quality meetings to communicate information and
* Participates in refinement and analysis of current operational
policies and procedures.
* Implements and audits operation/lending actions for procedural
and policy compliance and performs control as required. Maintains
the highest standard of quality and safety for branch
* Stays current and is responsible for implementing applicable
safety regulations at the branch location. Reports staff or member
incidents or injury to management in a timely manner.
* Assures that the physical maintenance and overall appearances of
the branch facility are satisfactorily maintained at all times.
* Fosters a positive and engaging work environment for each team
member by promoting skill development and coaching for improvement
and growth. Inspires others through words and actions to support
positive employee morale throughout the credit union by embracing
the Credit Union's mission, vision and core values.
* Encourages staff to generate ideas to improve service, reduce
operating expenses, and increase branch profitability.
* Monitors branch operating expenses such as stationery
expenditures and overtime cost. Directs the proper acquisition of
supplies and materials.
* Ensures that the Credit Union's professional reputation is
* Participates in a minimum of 3 community and/or civic programs
annually to promote brand awareness of the Credit Union in the
* Attends and participates in all meetings trainings, and
committees as required.
*Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
* Performs Market Manager Responsibilities during absence as
* Assists with personnel functions or projects as assigned (open
* Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and
complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the
position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
* Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
* Branch services are efficiently and effectively delivered in
accordance with established Credit Union policies and
* Good business relations exist with members and their questions
and problems promptly resolved.
* Good working relations exist with Branch personnel. Assistance is
provided as needed.
* Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
* Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of
any significant problems.
* Fortera's Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
*Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy genetic
information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state
or federal law.*
*Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this
* Detailed. Able to review and assess details quickly.
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills - in
person and on the phone.
* Solid mathematical and analytical skills.
* Solutions oriented. Able to determine solutions for multiple
levels of the business.
* Able to meet deadlines and maintain and effective and efficient
* Able to demonstrate teamwork, leadership and flexibility
* Able to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple tasks
in a fast-paced environment.
* Able to work well under pressure while always promoting a
professional image of the Credit Union.
* Able to work at any CU location that may include extended hours,
holiday or Saturdays.
*PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION*
*FINGER DEXTERITY: *
* Primarily using just the fingers to make small movements such as
typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
* Using fingers to palm an object.
* Especially when one must frequently convey detailed or important
instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
*Repetive motion: *
* Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists,
hand, and/or fingers.
* Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary
*Visual Abilities: ***
* Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect
documents or products or operate machinery.
*Physical Strength: ***
* Exerting up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs.
frequently, and/or 10 lbs. constantly.
* No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in
a _typical_ office.)
*MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION*
*Reasoning Ability: *
* Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited
standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
*Mathematics Ability: *
* Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute
ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs.
*Language Ability: ***
* Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction
manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare memos,
reports and essays using proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.
Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and
emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation
n word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
* High School Diploma/GED.
*Required Knowledge: *
* Thorough knowledge of CU/Bank products, services, and
* Understanding of Teller/Member Advisor functions and
* Knowledge of consumer lending policies preferred.
*Experience Required: *
* Four years of professional experience in the financial services
industry, including two years supervisory experience.
* Internal Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency in day to
day Branch Operations.
* Profit and Loss Statement management experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $31.39 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: Fortera Federal Credit Union, Clarksville , Assistant Branch Manager Hopkinsville, KY, Executive , Hopkinsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!