Memory Care Director
Company: Charter Senior Living of Clarksville
Posted on: November 23, 2022
-The Memory Care Director will be responsible for championing the
Flourish Memory Care philosophy, program and accompanying
components. This role will ensure the planning and implementation
of all therapeutic programming, entertainment, outings, service
planning and achievement of occupancy development goals through
coordination with management of the promotion of the community to
the public through innovation, successful planning, implementation,
resident participation, and direct supervision of all Memory Care
programs and services, including our 'Flourish' Family Care
services. -Community programs will be developed and planned
according to our 7 Wellness Categories, "Motion and Movement,"
"Knowledge and Learning," "Motivation and Creation," "Community and
Connection," "Harmony and Introspection," "Intentions and
Commitments," and "Exploration and Adventure." Charter Senior
Living Memory Care Directors champion and cultivate a culture of
wellness, purpose, and socialization.
You will be responsible for direct supervision of all resident
engagement and participation in community programs through
innovative and successful planning while providing inspiration and
encouragement to residents along with ongoing communication to the
community, residents, and their families. You will promote our
community lifestyle, its amenities, and programs, and achieve a
level of customer service that identifies with our operational
responsibilities, qualifications, education, and experience. -If
you are a passionate, driven, engaging, team-oriented leader this
position is for you! -
Our core values are to "serve with heart," "serve with purpose,"
"serve with courage" and "have fun while serving." Our mission is
"To Enhance the Human Spirit." -Your potential is unlimited. Learn
more about Charter and how you can become part of an organization
that is committed to the future of their Associates. -Be part of
making a true difference in the lives of our residents.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance -
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
- Area of study: -Social work: Recreation Therapy, Social Work,
Psychology, Human Development, or related field.
- Years of Experience: -Mid-Level. Minimum of three
years-experience working with Seniors with at least one year being
with persons with Dementia. -
- Type of Experience: Three to five years of experience working
with individuals with Dementia including leading programs, handling
complex behavioral issues, and educating staff on families on
Alzheimer's or Dementia related topics. -
- Special Certifications: -Activities Director Certification,
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Certified Dementia
Practitioner, or other related Certifications. - -
- Level of Formal Education: -Associates degree or equivalent
experience required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Skills and Abilities: -Demonstrate leadership capabilities and
interpersonal abilities. Change leadership skills, problem solving
and expertise in planning and organizing. -
- Personal Attributes: -Results oriented, detail oriented,
proactive, focused, adaptable, compassionate, balanced, flexible,
and professional. -
- What positions will this job manage? Memory Care, Care
Partners, and Memory Care Coordinator where applicable.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have required health screening, TB clearance, and criminal
- Completion of state required certifications. - -
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience preferred. -
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the
- Promote the company's Memory Care philosophy and adhere to its
- Supervise, support, train, and provide talent management to the
Memory Care staff. This may include hiring, coaching, and
counseling and other related functions. -
- Assist in maintaining state and federal compliance in the
Memory Care neighborhood. -
- Actively participate in the admission process, screening, and
assessment in partnership with the Health and Wellness Director.
- Contribute to resident care plans in partnership with the
Health and Wellness Director. -
- Ensure the delivery of resident care as outlined in the
resident service plans. -
- Plan, organize, and implement the Memory Care engagement
program in accordance with company standards. -
- Organize the monthly programming calendar and needed supplies.
- Lead high quality programs in Memory Care to include a minimum
of 4-5 self-lead programs daily. -
- Manage the Memory Care budget. -
- Support and communicate with family members and responsible
parties to resolve grievances and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate in Sales and Marketing efforts. -
- Perform other duties as assigned. -
Keywords: Charter Senior Living of Clarksville, Clarksville , Memory Care Director, Executive , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!