Engineering Project Manager
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160
years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives.
Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. - Macy's
gives our customers the ability to choose their shopping experience
- in our stores, on our site, and through our app. Macy's global
Supply Chain manages the end-to-end process of getting products to
our customers, no matter how they choose to shop. We deliver
high-quality products to our customers wherever needed, whether
in-store, curbside, or right at their doorstep. Every colleague in
Supply Chain plays a vital role in creating a positive customer
experience. This is an opportunity to build a dynamic career across
various disciplines in a field marked by rapid change, challenge,
and continuous innovation.
Manage and oversee all aspects of execution for Macy's supply
chain, logistics, material handling and construction capital
projects. This role can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Oversee and manage material handling equipment and warehouse
projects. - Serve as liaison between vendors and Macy's Logistics'
engineering team, maintenance, operations and Macy's Systems &
- Collaborate with site managers to maintain project schedule and
execute site activities for timely turnover to operations and
complete project closeout.
- Experience leading and providing direction to
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules clearly
identifying dependencies and critical path tasks.
- Work with vendors and stakeholders to compress project
execution timelines. Proactively address schedule slippage and
outline mitigation steps to maintain project completion
- Manage and run project coordination meetings.
- Makes field visits as required to observe work, review progress
and resolve any issues.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with project team members
to ensure all project aspects are understood and accounted
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project.
Be accountable for all project results.
- Provide target durations and schedule guidance for future
- Understand blueprints and construction documents. Evaluate
project status to identify and resolve design and implementation
- Have basic understanding of warehouse material handling
equipment (MHE), layout, functions and operations.
- Ensure all safety and Macy's construction procedures are
followed and maintained by contractors and vendors.
- Work with Procurement to obtain best pricing through
competitive bidding and participate in vendor selection
- Collaborate with Design Engineering to understand scope and
technical aspects of the project, and the development of cost
estimates, budgets, and project schedules.
- Partner with Capital Administration and Macy's Legal and Risk
team in the issuing of vendor contracts. Prepare internal exception
documents for approval as required.
- Maintain project budget tracking summary worksheet and drive
cost saving opportunities in partnership with procurement, vendors,
supplies and contractors. Communicate status and issues to
- Identify, manage and bring resolution to punchlist
- Responsible for maintaining accurate budget forecasts, project
records and schedules for assigned projects.
- Ensure all vendor proposals are complete and accurate for
project scope, cost and project delivery prior to issuance of
- Any other functions management deems essential
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping
others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear,
- Experience leading projects or special assignments.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal
with them directly.
- Communication Skills:
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division and use of database applications
(VLOOKUP/Pivot Tables) to simplify complex data.
- Ability to make sound decisions and manage several processes in
a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. - -
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project
- Material Handling Systems Knowledge (PLC's and ladder logic
would be a plus)
- Project Management/Budgeting/Bidding Takeoff Software
- Punchlist Management and Quality Control
- Sense of Urgency
- Analytical trouble shooting skills. Detail Oriented
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for
extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus
adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other
- May involve moving or lifting items over 25 pounds.
- Travel Required up to 70%
Candidates in Colorado: Click here to find information and here to
Keywords: Macy's, Clarksville , Engineering Project Manager, Executive , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!