Diesel Parts Manager
Company: Palmer Trucks
Location: Calvert City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Diesel Parts Manager is responsible for the day to day
operations of the Part's Department in compliance with established
policies and procedures. Plans develops and implements strategies
for operational, sales and development to meet organizational
business plans. Evaluate both departmental and individual results,
and employee performance against objectives while maintaining the
highest quality standards of professionalism in serving the
customer. Diesel Parts Manager Essential Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain practices designed to lead, manage,
train, develop, motivate, and recognize employees.
- Ability to conduct meaningful annual employee performance
reviews and develop specific, measurable, actionable, realistic,
and tangible objectives/goals for all parts department
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of strategies and
performance with all teams.
- Forecast, manage and control sales, gross profit, and expenses.
Establish short and long term operating and financial objectives
consistent with ownership expectations.
- Plan, develop and implement sales activities for
- Assesses present and future needs, trends, problems, and profit
opportunities of the Parts Department.
- Responsible for all applicable credit functions within the
Parts Department. Extend credit consistent with the dealership
- Coordinate with other departmental managers to understand all
necessary aspects and needs of the operational development, and to
ensure they are fully informed of objectives, purposes, and
- Assess and analyze the competition, market conditions, trends,
and profit opportunities within the Dealership's assigned area of
- Ensure quality control procedures are followed. Monitor the
quality of work and take corrective action where standards are not
- Ensure activities meet organizational requirements of ethical
behavior, health, safety, legal, and environmental policies and
- Successful performance in the job duties and responsibilities
Diesel Parts Manager Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Five years parts
department experience consisting of counter, lead and or
supervisory experience preferred. Excellent leadership and
communication skills. Ability to motivate, coach, develops, and
recognize employees with a can-do attitude. Strong work ethic and
commitment to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Understands
the principles of marketing, customer service, and administration.
Computer Skills The individual must have basic computer skills of
which are to include, knowledge of Parts Catalog software; Database
software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word
Processing software. Physical Demands The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate standard departmental
equipment, for example, operate a
- PC, pallet jack, fort lift, etc.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and walk for long
- Operate motor vehicles
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Stamina to stand for long periods
- Other duties as required Competencies:
- Customer Focus - Anticipating, meeting and exceeding customer
needs, wants and expectations.
- Personal Accountability - Being answerable for personal
- Leadership - Organizing and influencing people to believe in a
vision creating a sense of purpose and direction.
- Time and Priority Management - Prioritizing and completing
tasks to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames.
- Project Management - Identifying and overseeing all resources,
tasks, systems, and people to obtain results.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action to
ensure that work is completed effectively.
- Decision Making - Analyzing all aspects of a situation to make
consistently sound and timely decisions. This position is with an
immediate opening start date and will allow for the proper notice
for existing employer. Submit your resume with confidence that all
contacts with us are completely confidential. Position Benefits and
Compensation Package This is a full time position. It includes
Health Insurance, a 401K Retirement Program, Vacation, Employee
Assistance Program, a Clean Smoke and Drug Free Environment and
Other Benefits. About Palmer Trucks Palmer Trucks is a full-service
Kenworth dealership network serving Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and
Illinois with a comprehensive package of products and services. As
a family-owned business with more than a half-century history of
growth and success, Palmer Trucks has grown to a team of more than
600 individuals. On the Road Since 1965. Palmer Trucks is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All Applicants are considered for employment
without a regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability, veteran
status or any other legally protected. JT22 PI179702619
Keywords: Palmer Trucks, Clarksville , Diesel Parts Manager, Executive , Calvert City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!